C4 Forums | Control4

Pioneer AVR SC-LX73

STAX

I need a driver for the Pioneer SC-LX73  - (2011) IP and or serial. There is no driver in the database. 

What other AVR model's driver will closely match this one and will work for this model as well.

• 2 weeks later...

I have tried the following drivers. SC-37, SC-65, SC-LX77 on EA3 

On network the driver knocks the receiver of the network & can only be reset by unplugging the power. The receiver works fine with RTI XP6 using an SC-65 IP driver.

On serial the On/Off command don't work, but vol, mute and input works

Ok great thanks for the info. You are spot on. Composer testing does not work for on/off. Its is stipulated in the documentation of the driver.

Further testing revealed that the receiver inputs are switching but Digital Media Sources of the Control4 processor are not switching in zone 2&3

The audio out on the EA3 is connected to input CD on the receiver. When selecting Shairbridge or any Digital media in Zone 2 & 3 the input does not switch.

There is an audio endpoint for the main zone but no audio endpoints for this source in composer for zone 2 & 3 

Most receivers will only route analog sources (also FM & Ipod) to all zones , while hdmi sources only for Main zone 1

For this specific reason I chose an EA3 processor with analog audio out. I have analog audio out on the EA3 connected to analog input CD on the Pioneer receiver. 

Everything works fine in Main Zone 1, but not in zone 2/3. Selecting FM Radio(from receiver) or ipod USB  in zone 2/3 works. 

When selecting Digital Media sources like Shairbridge or My Music connected to analog input CD,  the input does not switch and remains on the last input selected

I have a different Pioneer amp (VSX-926 I think) and I am trying to figure this out as well.  For Zone 2 (or B ) there seem to be two configs - replicating Zone 1 or using a different source.  However it isn't clear what sources you can use for Zone 2, the manual doesn't seem to specify that.  In addition to analog can you use the digital coax input, assuming that you have one on the AVR?  My controller in this instance is an HC-800.

And one question regarding the audio coming from a controller.  Will the HC800's analog out(s) and digital coax out automatically be getting the same audio feed as HDMI if you have an HDMI binding or do you have to go in and also do bindings for those audio outputs of the HC800?

The problem seems to be with Digital Media and everything that falls under it like, Shairbridge, TuneIn, My Music

Can I only play Digital Media through the HDMI & digital audio out on the controller? 

How can I play digital media through the analogue audio out? I don't see any connection for analog out.

4 hours ago, STAX said:

The problem seems to be with Digital Media and everything that falls under it like, Shairbridge, TuneIn, My Music

Can I only play Digital Media through the HDMI & digital audio out on the controller? 

How can I play digital media through the analogue audio out? I don't see any connection for analog out.

You really need to step away and get a dealer.

19 hours ago, zaphod said:

I have a different Pioneer amp (VSX-926 I think) and I am trying to figure this out as well.  For Zone 2 (or B ) there seem to be two configs - replicating Zone 1 or using a different source.  However it isn't clear what sources you can use for Zone 2, the manual doesn't seem to specify that.  In addition to analog can you use the digital coax input, assuming that you have one on the AVR?  My controller in this instance is an HC-800.

And one question regarding the audio coming from a controller.  Will the HC800's analog out(s) and digital coax out automatically be getting the same audio feed as HDMI if you have an HDMI binding or do you have to go in and also do bindings for those audio outputs of the HC800?

@zaphodControl4 manages all routing based on bindings so nothing will ever come out of the analog ports unless something is connected and a path for the appropriate zone has it selected 

11 hours ago, Cyknight said:

You really need to step away and get a dealer.

But I am a dealer, albeit a very new one. I have completed training on the 27 Oct 2017. I  passed with 89% on a closed book test. I received my certificate.

The kit I am setting up is our demo/training kit in our showroom.

10 hours ago, sonic30101 said:

Control4 manages all routing based on bindings so nothing will ever come out of the analog ports unless something is connected and a path for the appropriate zone has it selected 

In my case the analogue audio out of the EA3 is connected to an analogue input of the receiver.

Endpoint for zone are done and FM and iPod sources is playing in Zone2/3

All Digital Media like Shairbridge/MyMusic/TuneIn is not playing

5 hours ago, STAX said:

But I am a dealer, albeit a very new one. I have completed training on the 27 Oct 2017. I  passed with 89% on a closed book test. I received my certificate.

The kit I am setting up is our demo/training kit in our showroom.

In my case the analogue audio out of the EA3 is connected to an analogue input of the receiver.

Endpoint for zone are done and FM and iPod sources is playing in Zone2/3

All Digital Media like Shairbridge/MyMusic/TuneIn is not playing

The problem is, you are asking about some of THE most basic knowledge requirements for a dealer.

Archived