C4 Forums | Control4

LED Programming

C4tune

I’ll be the first to admit I didn’t go to training and what not, but I still want to get this accomplished sans dealer.

I would like several keypad buttons throughout my apartment to display the feedback of:

House Entrance Lock

House Entrance Contact

Apartmrnt Entrance Lock

Apartment Entrance Contact.

I would like the LED to display green, when and only when everything is secured. Ie locked and closed. I would like the led to Display red when one or all items are not secured.

Anyone willing to take a minute and take a crack at what you think the programming should look like?

Much appreciated. 

Just now, C4 User said:

Make a variable for each: 1 = lock; 0 = unlock

Whenever any of the 4 variables changes, run a macro.

If all 4 variables are 1, than green, otherwise, red is displayed on button.

Keep in mind you might need to add a slight delay to your macro of like 1 second to ensure all variables are stable.

Depending on the devices those variables may already exist and those devices should have status change triggers in their device drivers.

So the macro gets triggered by a status change on each of the drivers, not the variables and the status of each should exist in the lock variables etc.

So the macro runs

? If lock status = lock ? If sensor status = closed Leds to red ?  If main door = lock  Leds to red  ?  If main sensor = close  Leds to green 

Archived