C4 Forums | Control4

Wattbox WTF

So has anyone seen this issue? It has now popped up at one site and my place. At my house I have the WB-600-IPVCE-12 and at the site I have the 2 outlet version.

About two weeks ago I got a call from the site with the 2 outlet unit. The devices plugged into the outlets are off. Checked the outlets, no power. Rebooted, did all standard troubleshooting and nothing. Web interface says the outlets are on, but they are not. Firmware seems current.

Today wife called, mad. Lots of stuff not working. My device has the same issue. The 8 controllable outlets are off. The 4 always on outlets are on and the green LED shows that. The 8 controllable are out and the LED is out. The Web interface again says its on.

Anyone else see this?

4 minutes ago, SMHarman said:
12 minutes ago, AdamT said:
Oh, great. And now that I dont work for a dealer.......I wonder if they will warranty mine.

Should. Your dealer should help. It cost me $20 in Ups labels. SNAP have been great about this.

Sweet,

Thanks, I will contact them!

Adam

• 5 months later...

Did you have any luck with this?
I acquired a Wattbox WB-600-ipvce-12 with my house. same exact issue.

Unfortunately they said it has to be replaced thru a dealer, and I have no idea where it was purchased from. Seems if it has a lifetime warranty, place of purchase would not really matter.
(I do corporate A/V work. Though not home install, I am a A/V professional)

Unfortunately they said it has to be replaced thru a dealer, and I have no idea where it was purchased from. Seems if it has a lifetime warranty, place of purchase would not really matter.
A dealer, not the dealer it was purchased from. I imagine you have a contact somewhere or maybe a dealer here will help you.

2 hours ago, CinBrandon said:

As per above - they only take RMA's via A dealer - any Snap (or regional distributor for their gear) should be able to do it.

And....if you're an AV integrator, I'm sure your company can easily sign up to become a dealer so that you can handle it all yourself.  It's at least worth it to signup for just the Wattbox product.  One of the couple products I buy through them with a power cord and actually works solid.

8 hours ago, lippavisual said:

And....if you're an AV integrator, I'm sure your company can easily sign up to become a dealer so that you can handle it all yourself.  It's at least worth it to signup for just the Wattbox product.  One of the couple products I buy through them with a power cord and actually works solid.

I do Audio visual work, but in the corporate events area. Not looking to become a SnapAV dealer. I've reached out to one of the local dealers, though not sure they'll be willing to do the RMA. We'll see.

I have a WB-UPS-1100-8 that periodically freaks out when we get a power drop (I live in Florida).  The box then goes into a difficult to recover state where the alarm sounds and can't be shut off.  It seems as though the box does not recognize that utility power has come back on.  The recovery procedure is to turn the box off (which doesn't just happen with one attempt - it makes you work for it with several attempts), then unplug the box from the wall, then plug it back in a few minutes later.  My guess is this procedure enables the WB to understand that utility power is back on and then resumes power distribution.  Has anyone seen this problem?  Any suggestions?  Thank you.

Yes I’ve seen that on the older UPSs.

ive only seen that when the battery gets fully drained though.  The alarm goes off to tell you it needs interaction.  Those ones certainly weren’t the best but the newer units are awesome coupled with the IP surge 12 outlet box. Rock solid and auto recovery. 

Thanks lippavisual.  I do believe that is when I'm seeing it - when the power is off long enough for the battery to drain.  Unfortunately, it always seems to happen while I'm on the road and my wife has to deal with it.  My telephone support skills are improving; lucky I'm still alive and the system is still installed!  Kind of a bummer in that box is only a little over a year old.

If I find a dealer to help get my WB-600 replaced... will I be able to control the unit, without having a service contract with the dealer? Or would it just function as a really good Surge protector power strip?

I've contacted a few local dealers, still waiting a response.

If I find a dealer to help get my WB-600 replaced... will I be able to control the unit, without having a service contract with the dealer? Or would it just function as a really good Surge protector power strip?

I've contacted a few local dealers, still waiting a response.
Locally it does not need a dealer. It has a Web server interface inboard. There is also a free C4 driver. There is also OverC which allows remote client and dealer access.

Tldr; yes.

8 hours ago, CinBrandon said:

well, after contacting several dealers thru their web page or Facebook page, not a single response. Guess I will start calling, maybe something for next week.

There literally is no upside. It's just a pain. That's why no one has returned your call. Imho 

On 5/23/2018 at 5:02 AM, tekki70 said:

where are you located? 

Jackson, MS.
I sent email thru their websites and Facebook pages. three total. I probably need to call them. I understand it's probably a form to fill out with SnapAv, but they would make a future customer. I probably need to call them and ask. :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2018 at 9:51 PM, msgreenf said:

There literally is no upside. It's just a pain. That's why no one has returned your call. Imho 

I am in the same boat with 2 dead WB-600 units - willing to offer some incentive if some dealer wants to help be the liaison with SnapAV.  Thanks

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.