C4 Forums | Control4

Heos Group Issues

I’m having troubling figuring out when control4 has removed a zone from a heos group or not, causing unexpected behavior. I have two zones that are denon receivers (built in) and two that are individual heos speakers. Any tips on settings I might be missing or another way to ensure zones are always removed from heos grouping on OFF? Thanks!

if you stick with only using Control4 to handle the grouping and playing the zones.. it works well.. but if you use HEOS in between using Control4, then I have found that Control4 doesnt always know that some speakers are grouped.. and as such plays music in a zone that you dont want.

if you stick with only using Control4 to handle the grouping and playing the zones.. it works well.. but if you use HEOS in between using Control4, then I have found that Control4 doesnt always know that some speakers are grouped.. and as such plays music in a zone that you dont want.

For some reason C4 doesn’t seem to ungroup when I turn off zones or turn off everything. Is there a certain order to turn off master/secondary zones?

Archived