C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 Media Player Question

Birdman51

I am finally having to say goodbye to my Media Player Controller.  I've had it since 1.7.4 and it's been used only for the stored music for quite a few years.  With the old App now becoming obsolete, I am going to be updating to the new software and the Media Player has to be left behind.  My question is if there is any way to transfer all of the audio that has been stored on it all these years? I know it's all stored on a hard drive inside, but I cannot figure out how I could transfer that data to a new external hard drive to plug into my HC-800.  If anyone has an idea on how to make this happen, I would love to hear it!  Thanks

On a Windows PC you will be able to see the controller as a device under network in file manager.

The music will be on there in a media folder and you can then drag and drop to a new location.

This should still work even after it is removed from the project.

Dealers may have a migration tool to migrate the music and the database.

I finally had a chance to try this today.  When I search for it on file explorer it is not showing up. It's online and still is functioning, but I do not see anything as far as the Media Controller popping up on my network tab of file explorer.  I thought maybe it was because it was set up with static ip, so I changed it to DHCP and tried rebooting as well (my laptop and the controller).  Any thing I am missing here?

1 hour ago, Birdman51 said:

I finally had a chance to try this today.  When I search for it on file explorer it is not showing up. It's online and still is functioning, but I do not see anything as far as the Media Controller popping up on my network tab of file explorer.  I thought maybe it was because it was set up with static ip, so I changed it to DHCP and tried rebooting as well (my laptop and the controller).  Any thing I am missing here?

I figured out my issue. I didn't realize that when I switched it to DHCP that the DNS also had to be set separately. It was there I saw it had been set up with Google's DNS and everything else on the network was set to match my gateway.  I switched to DHCP for the DNS, rebooted controller and my laptop and everything was there now. Thanks for everyones help!

Archived