C4 Forums | Control4

What's the best Apple 4K TV driver?

wappinghigh

Are we "back to the future" with good ol 1970's IR? Does the 4K ATV ever have an IR receiver?? :P

I've ditched Control4 here for this device right now and am using the awesome little AppleTV remote... so what is that using? Bluetooth?

How ya'll set up your 4KATV's within Control4  and how ya'll controlling your new AppleTV's?

Thanks

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are we "back to the future" with good ol 1970's IR? Does the 4K ATV ever have an IR receiver?? 
I've ditched Control4 here for this device right now and am using the awesome little AppleTV remote... so what is that using? Bluetooth?
How ya'll controlling your new AppleTV's?
Thanks
The built in control 4 Apple TV IP driver.

Don't think there is anything else, there is no IR is all bluetooth on the remote.

Ok so ya'll recommend the IR driver right now that it? I mean we can't get the IP driver to "pair"... WTF? I mean where do you see the airplay command sent from composer? The new 4KApple TV has a different menu from the older one.. I mean hasn't Control4 had the time to update the documentation on this driver.? .  so ya'll know what the heck to do to bind the new Apple 4K to the old IP driver???! Where the heck in the new Apple 4K TV  menu does the paring 0000 come up??!!!! WHAT THE?! hahahaha 

Ok but where is the f'n IR receiver..wait we've found the paring code in the new menu BUT IT WON"T F'n Pair Go figure I mean how long has this Apple 4K been out in the market and how many millions more are Apple about the release SO WHERE IS THE PROPER CONTROL4$ APPLETV4K IP DRIVER?!!!! 

5 hours ago, Brownbatsbreath said:

The current IP driver works perfect with the new Apple TV. 

Not at my place it doesn't. It doesn't "bind" with the new AppleTV4K. Just a heads up to Control4 that this driver (which was created by Control4 and  last updated in Feb 2016) is not working properly. It's not binding.  I am on 2.9.1. The AppleTv is on it's latest firmware. Cheers

5 minutes ago, lippavisual said:

It does just work.  My guess would be installation error.  Read the directions and perform the steps as indicated in the documentation tab of the driver.

What is the date of the last update of the Control4 IP driver that you are using? What version is it? Thank You. 

The one we are using was created 02/03/2015 and was last modified 02/02/2016. Version 106. The documentation tab of the driver does not refer to the new AppleTV at all. It still contains instructions for the old ATV V3. I know this because The menu layout of the new AppleTV4K is entirely different.  Are we using the correct driver? 

Yep there is, quick version:

Step 1: Set the Apple TV to a static IP address
Step 2: Add Apple TV driver version 106
Step 3: Add IP address to the driver
Step 4: On the Apple TV navigate to Settings > Remotes and Devices > Remote App
Step 5: Send paring command from driver
Step 6: Pair the device "0000"
Step 7: Refresh navigators

30 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

Yep there is, quick version:

Step 1: Set the Apple TV to a static IP address
Step 2: Add Apple TV driver version 106
Step 3: Add IP address to the driver
Step 4: On the Apple TV navigate to Settings > Remotes and Devices > Remote App
Step 5: Send paring command from driver
Step 6: Pair the device "0000"
Step 7: Refresh navigators

And you think that hadn't been done at out place? Before I came on to waste your time? 

28 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

Yep, same one - I THINK there's a KB on how it works with the newer tvOS, but it's indeed different from the documentation.

Ok so you are confirming that you are using this same driver last updated Fed 2016? Looks like you have just confirmed that by this reply. So is this really good enough? It's not like the new AppleTV4k hasn't been on the shelves for months.. Heck it is so popular here it's on back order at Apple till delivery after Christmas. Selling like hotcakes. Has Control4 dropped the bundle here? Where is the updated version of the driver circa Nov 2017?  

look I don't expect ya'll to help me if you don't want to but don't come on with all this condesceding stuff an all, like I am some sort of tech moron ... that I enjoy wasting your time... and that we wouldn't have tried to pair the device already like for hours  and just pass comments that "it just works" when it clearly doesn't at my place and when it doesn't look like the driver has been updated since Feb 2016.... 

Archived