C4 Forums | Control4

Ecobee Switch+

koxkp

• 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 10/28/2018 at 1:38 PM, Matt Lowe said:

anyone get these? how it work out?

They aren't too bad. Not much in the way of programming for C4 but I use them as a voice input source for C4 using the epic systems driver. The mic on it isn't bad, I do find that if you're up close it is less responsive to the wake word while being across the room seems to trigger it more easily. I'm not sure if that is just a device limitation or fixable in a future firmware update. All in all, I thought they were good value and I like the built in nightlight. 

2 hours ago, indodude said:

They aren't too bad. Not much in the way of programming for C4 but I use them as a voice input source for C4 using the epic systems driver. The mic on it isn't bad, I do find that if you're up close it is less responsive to the wake word while being across the room seems to trigger it more easily. I'm not sure if that is just a device limitation or fixable in a future firmware update. All in all, I thought they were good value and I like the built in nightlight. 

can you use the motion sensor for anything in c4?

Just now, Matt Lowe said:

can you use the motion sensor for anything in c4?

Not that I have seen. As far as the device goes it isn't in C4 in any way. No drivers. No 2way communication. The ecobee app lets you program the motion for light on natively but you can't really trigger an event based off motion sensing. That would be a great feature if they ever come out with an ecobee driver.

Archived