C4 Forums | Control4

Identifying Devices on my.control4

zaphod

Is there any way of getting more detail of devices that you have setup on my.control4.com?

When I go there and see my devices it just lists Model, Device and Activated date.  For phones it seems to use the name of the phone, like "Zaphod's iPhone7", but for PCs it only displays the OS - as in Windows 7 or Windows 10.  Is there any way to get more detail like the computer name that shows up under the system tab of control panel, or the MAC of the PC?  Without that it is kind of a crapshoot to know which PC is which unless you delete and start over.

Is there any way of getting more detail of devices that you have setup on my.control4.com?
When I go there and see my devices it just lists Model, Device and Activated date.  For phones it seems to use the name of the phone, like "Zaphod's iPhone7", but for PCs it only displays the OS - as in Windows 7 or Windows 10.  Is there any way to get more detail like the computer name that shows up under the system tab of control panel, or the MAC of the PC?  Without that it is kind of a crapshoot to know which PC is which unless you delete and start over.

Well in the app you set the identifier which shows up on the portal

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk

Ok, thanks Mitch - I will do that on my PCs.  I guess on the iOS devices it automatically pulls the device name but it does not do that on Windows - or at least I don't think it has as I don't ever remember entering a device name.

Ok, thanks Mitch - I will do that on my PCs.  I guess on the iOS devices it automatically pulls the device name but it does not do that on Windows - or at least I don't think it has as I don't ever remember entering a device name.
You can change it in the app for ios and android too

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk

Archived