C4 Forums | Control4

Program dimmer to keep circuit on?

ilguy

I just replaced my porch lights with HUE and want to use the HUE app for control rather than C4.  In Composer HE 2.9.1, I removed my old schedules but want to make sure the C4 dimmer is always "on" or at least on for the evening hours and doest accidentally get switched off so that the HUE controls work.  Any ideas?

Keep in mind, I don't want to add the HUE lights to my project at this time.  I've got some already added and find the HUE app much more friendly for my purposes.

Thanks!

Have dealer disconnect the buttons from the dimmer (software option) this limits power to secondary interface only, can alway hide the lights to prevent even that - from there program a daily schedule or two to turn it on (in case of controller reboot), and add the above programming

When level changes - If less than 90 - set level to 100

And something to correct for power outages.

Even if you tap to turn off, as it dims down based on ramp time, it will self correct back to on.

Add a check variable and you can activate as needed, maybe your doing holiday lights...

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, twmoonly said:

Pull out and remove load from dimmer and tie in with hot wire. No programming needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Except that it disables the ability to turn off the load, which may be against your local code, against recommendation and potentially unsafe when replacing bulbs. By keeping it tied in in a manner I said, you do still have the ability to push in the top bar to cut power

Archived