C4 Forums | Control4

Composer HE

pwade

I have access to PRO for the day.  How do I see if it is bound.  I replaced the ATV and it turns on and off but only the play button on works.  I can't pause or anything else.  I have to use the atv remote.  I will go through the pairing steps as the driver explains.  I assume the SR250 needs to be awake when I request the atv to pair?

Thanks again

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

If the driver is already installed and bound properly pairing can be done via he

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk

Great stuff. Thanks for chiming in... So there is the confusion right? I was having an install of a new Apple TV. Not a replacement in the exact same room... 

13 minutes ago, pwade said:

One more question (you guys sick of me yet)  Do i need to unpair the original atv remote?

There was another guy posting in a different thread that he had to add/remove the entire driver a couple times and start from scratch. I aint saying that is what you have to do, but recall he said that.. We added a brand new driver (because it was a new room) but we still had to go thru the pairing process multiple times before it "paired"... :) 

So I tried to pair but it paired one button and then it said all the other buttons used and to select another which I could not do.  I tried to operate it and it would turn it on and I could slightly use it.  I could play something but not pause it or stop anything.  Its like it almost paired.  I tried it twice.  I may try to unpair with the old remote as I noticed the driver instructions mentions how to unpair.  I have a feeling it is still attached to the old remote. 

Do a clean install of the driver then. That's what I would do, but notice I edited the word bound above to pair. If you do a new driver instal you will need to bind the driver in connections (ie know how to do that which can become tricky if you don't know what you are doing) and you pair the driver to the Apple TV.. 

2 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

Composer pro for the day? Nah, done helping

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

It's not an end users fault it is totally unclear what can and can't be done using HE and this is a perfect example. It's the company that has created this confusion by blurring the lines between what can and cannot be done.... and not spelling this precisely out to consumers before they purchase the product. Just sayin. :) 

4 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

Composer pro for the day? Nah, done helping

I'm only getting a peek at it for an hour.  Then back to HE.  I'm turning into a pumpkin in a few minutes.  

It's not an end users fault it is totally unclear what can and can't be done using HE and this is a perfect example. It's the company that has created this confusion by blurring the lines between what can and cannot be done.... and not spelling this precisely out to consumers before they purchase the product. Just sayin.  
Disagree. But I'm also not letting you bait me into another silly disagreement

LIKE WHERE IS THE DOCUMENTATION END USERS CAN SEE ABOUT UPGRADING THE APPLETV> WHERE IS THE WEB ANNOUNCEMENT OR EMAIL sent by Control4? The easy steps HOW TO DO THIS IN HE?  SHOW ME THE LINK? 
Customers can't upgrade drivers you know this. Ok. I'm done. For real. Cheers

I think I will give up for the day.  I was hoping to see if I could get this done before my dealer returned but I'm getting brain overload.  I noticed under my atv in system design it will not allow me to update the driver?  I guess I have to remove it and reinstall.  That seems weird.  The other options are available such as export and edit driver.  Why not update.  

6 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

You just made this previous statement - "If the driver is already installed and bound properly pairing can be done via he" That would imply to most people they can indeed upgrade and swap in a new AppleTV themselves... 

2 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

Oh, okay.  Now I know.  I'm okay once I now these things.  Thanks for the help.  Did not mean to tick you off.  

Cheers

7 minutes ago, pwade said:

I think I will give up for the day.  I was hoping to see if I could get this done before my dealer returned but I'm getting brain overload.  I noticed under my atv in system design it will not allow me to update the driver?  I guess I have to remove it and reinstall.  That seems weird.  The other options are available such as export and edit driver.  Why not update.  

Because it's an old driver? And Control4 never wrote in an auto "update" process into the driver? But heck like many around here still think the driver is "perfect". No disrespect but there is a lot to learn  :) 

17 minutes ago, pwade said:

I'm only getting a peek at it for an hour.  Then back to HE.  I'm turning into a pumpkin in a few minutes.  

Unbeleivable :blink:

Actually I have had a peek but thats when my dealer is here and I look over his shoulder ( but no for an hour )

How close does the IR bud have to be to the IR spot on the ATV?  I can't even see where that is.  It seems to me that it works as the IR bud lights up but the ATV seems slow to react some times.  I will try to find "the spot".

32 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

Disagree. But I'm also not letting you bait me into another silly disagreement

MSG I aint baiting you into another silly disagreement but seriously? 

It should be dead simple for an end user to swap in a common product like the new AppleTV and clearly it is not.

If it was there wouldn't have been all these threads and we all would have done it already :) 

2 hours ago, msgreenf said:

So waps ranting as usual is totally pointless.

Yep totally pointless.

We all know what to do.

Its' all as clear and pure as the first snow fall.

The driver is up to date c 2017 and the documentation relates exactly to the new AppleTV

A memo was sent out to customers on the process.

It is perfectly clear how the new AppleTv4K  works and that there is both IP and IR control available.

The pros and cons  of each have been discussed in the memo.

Customers AppleTv's can be swapped in around two minutes flat and all is just tickety boo.

Customers can do it themselves using HE. Just follow these instructions linked here: www.

(where are they?)

Even grandma and junior aged 4 can do it. A Simple step one two and three...!

(Oh and pigs do fly)   

Anyone who can't "do it" is a total moron. And a winger and shame on them for using their brain asking questions

edit: most of the above statement is not fact - it is what is known as sarcasm 

15 minutes ago, pwade said:

How close does the IR bud have to be to the IR spot on the ATV?  I can't even see where that is.  It seems to me that it works as the IR bud lights up but the ATV seems slow to react some times.  I will try to find "the spot".

(its very difficult to find)

Archived