C4 Forums | Control4

New audio problem on 2.10.0.542686

After updating to the latest level of 2.10 (524686)

1) Selected a Pandora station to play in Kitchen

2) Station started playing, but mute was on for the room and would not disengage.

3) After adding another room, music started playing in the Kitchen, though the mute icon still showed active.  If the other zone is muted, kitchen muted too after about 1-2 seconds.  There are no media scenes active.

4) Turning off the added zone muted the Kitchen zone again.

5) Turning off room from iPad no longer works  

6) After turning room off from T3, selecting a playlist from My Music plays as expected though Mute is still "stuck" showing the room is in mute (as you hear the music!)

7) Napster, SiriusXM, iHeartRadio all play but with mute indicator stuck on. 

8) Trying Pandora again - no music in Kitchen zone unless adding another zone (goes back to 2 above).

It also feels like the music streams take a few seconds longer to start.  The improvement I had seen with the original 2.10 release I definitely gone.

So far, not liking the latest and greatest 2.10 and my wife is not happy that not only do announcements not work, but music in the room she uses most is F'ed up.

Amyone have suggestions as to "unstick" the mute indicator?   

I’m seeing similar wonky behavior on my aircon driver which is not happy on the new version of OS2.10... if I turn it off manually, it turns itself on again after a few seconds... stop, start, repeat. If I turn it off via Control4, all is good. This driver has been rock solid through a number of OS versions up until now...

I like the latest and greatest but may take the advice of others on the next upgrade and when OS2.11comes around, I may wait a while before upgrading...

Right now though, I really want to see a fourth version of OS2.10.0 or OS2.10.1, so that current bugs can be squashed (door station bugs in particular).

Restarting the Director (rather than rebooting the controller) fixed the mute problem described above though I did not play Pandora first after the system came back online.

However, now my announcements are wonky again.  If music is playing announcements get backed up - one will play, but then if another is called it may take 5-10 seconds OR Announcement 2 is not heard until announcement 3 is triggered.  Then 30 seconds later another queued announcement plays.  It seems like the last queued announcement gets stuck when it is triggered only to play some time after the NEXt announcement is triggered (which itself doesn't play until another one is triggered).    So it seems like announcements don't play, but they actually do - just not until sometime after the next one is triggered.

Hi, I have been having a similar problem for a week or so. I don't really know much about the system so I appreciate any help anyone can offer.

I have a system that has surround in my living room for the tv and then a couple of rooms that just have sound. The sound works in the other rooms but no longer in the living room unless I manually turn it on at the receiver.

If I press my remote to turn on the tv, the tv comes on but says no signal. I then have to walk over to the receiver in the other room to turn it on for the picture to show and sound to come on. If I want to listen to music, I have to manually change the source to Aux 1 on the receiver. To change the volume, I need to do so on the receiver. Basically anything to do with the living room besides changing the channels has to be done manually at the receiver.

On my remotes, the living room always shows a 0% volume and on the control pad it shows as muted but won't unmute

I have tried unplugging the devices and letting them reboot as this has fixed quirks in the past but to no avail this time.

I think I might be running an old version (settings>about says I am running version 2.6.0.455411) but I have no idea how to update it. Could this have anything to do with it? If not, does anyone have any ideas or suggestions of what it might be?

Thank you in advance either way!

On 11/24/2017 at 5:44 PM, Control4Novice said:

Hi, I have been having a similar problem for a week or so. I don't really know much about the system so I appreciate any help anyone can offer.

I have a system that has surround in my living room for the tv and then a couple of rooms that just have sound. The sound works in the other rooms but no longer in the living room unless I manually turn it on at the receiver.

If I press my remote to turn on the tv, the tv comes on but says no signal. I then have to walk over to the receiver in the other room to turn it on for the picture to show and sound to come on. If I want to listen to music, I have to manually change the source to Aux 1 on the receiver. To change the volume, I need to do so on the receiver. Basically anything to do with the living room besides changing the channels has to be done manually at the receiver.

On my remotes, the living room always shows a 0% volume and on the control pad it shows as muted but won't unmute

I have tried unplugging the devices and letting them reboot as this has fixed quirks in the past but to no avail this time.

I think I might be running an old version (settings>about says I am running version 2.6.0.455411) but I have no idea how to update it. Could this have anything to do with it? If not, does anyone have any ideas or suggestions of what it might be?

Thank you in advance either way!

Sounds like the Control4 system is no longer controlling the living room surround receiver. You will need to determine how the receiver was being controlled such as IR with an emitter on the front, serial control or IP. A dealer can determine this by looking in the program. Once method of control is determined, possible fixes are easy to figure out.

You should re-post this as its own topic in troubleshooting or find a more accurate thread so it doesn't get buried. It's likely not going to get noticed here in the audio topic since its a driver related issue with the receiver.

At my office, I seem to have a different Pandora audio issue. I'm on 2.10.540110 and running a single Pandora media stream natively on an EA3. After I have been listening to a particular station and shut the system completely off, when I return later or the following day, sometimes the Pandora stream is "frozen" and wont play until I change to a different station and then come back to the first station. Other times, it starts playing again right where I left off. Kind of annoying and random.

I am not running the announcement agent.

Any idea what the deal is or is it just another bug?

3 hours ago, k3nnis said:

So do you guys think 2.91 is better for now? Or is 2.10 still better?

If it were easy for me to go back to 2.9.1, I would.  

SiriusXM is nicel and I wanted 2.10 because of full screen camera display and the ability to get bookmark like function back fr cameras, but the inconsistency of the audio and announcement problems is maddening.  

There also seems to have been some lagginess introduced in the most recent version of 2.10 that just adds to the annoyance.  I bnotice it mostly withlighing scenes,, but occasionally with AV control.

If there is nothing in 2.10 you have to have, you may want to stay on 2.9.1 

If it were easy for me to go back to 2.9.1, I would.  
SiriusXM is nicel and I wanted 2.10 because of full screen camera display and the ability to get bookmark like function back fr cameras, but the inconsistency of the audio and announcement problems is maddening.  
There also seems to have been some lagginess introduced in the most recent version of 2.10 that just adds to the annoyance.  I bnotice it mostly withlighing scenes,, but occasionally with AV control.
If there is nothing in 2.10 you have to have, you may want to stay on 2.9.1 

Ok thanks. Will read over the release notes and decide.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived