C4 Forums | Control4

Experience Button Xmas for Lights

Gene

I'm not so familiar with experience buttons so I figured I'd ask.  Is it possible and does anyone have an example for creating a button (i.e. Christmas Tree) and when pressed, turns on all Xmas lights?  I have the lighting/switches/outlets using C4.  Let me know if anyone does this?  Thanks!

Yeah, I have custom buttons on one touchscreen but was wondering if people use the custom buttons to turn them 'off' and then one to turn them 'on' vs One icon that shows a Christmas Tree and when pressed, toggles the same...guess since you can't have the Christmas Tree under Lighting, not sure were else to put it...Can you add an experience button to the home screen of a touchscreen? (i.e. On the kitchen touchscreen, just have the main screen show a Christmas Tree besides the normal)

17 hours ago, Gene said:

Yeah, I have custom buttons on one touchscreen but was wondering if people use the custom buttons to turn them 'off' and then one to turn them 'on' vs One icon that shows a Christmas Tree and when pressed, toggles the same...guess since you can't have the Christmas Tree under Lighting, not sure were else to put it...Can you add an experience button to the home screen of a touchscreen? (i.e. On the kitchen touchscreen, just have the main screen show a Christmas Tree besides the normal)

You cannot add Experience Buttons to the home screen. You could add it to the Comfort menu though (or watch, security or listen but comfort feels more intuitive).  I have not seen a Christmas Tree icon... perhaps @alanchow could add it to his advanced experience button suite or maybe the  Blackwire emoji package already has it... that driver has 1,400 Emojis... so a Christmas tree is probably included... 

You can create a Xmas Tree Icon for an experience button.  Experience buttons are not allowed on the Home or Lighting pages, as an FYI.

Create 2 schedules in HE, one for "XMas lights ON" and one for "XMas Lights OFF"

Create a lighting scene with all the devices controlling your XMas lights.

Then in programming under the schedules:

When schedule XMas Lights ON executes

Activate XMas Lighting ON scene

When schedule XMas Lights Off executes

Deactivate XMas Lights ON scene

Then your experience button can reflect whether that scene is ON or Off with the pretty icon.

Thanks!  I"ll give it a try!  I wish in the future we could add experience buttons to the home screen (like custom buttons but not words) and/or have the button appear during a time period etc...   Thanks for the info on programming too!

Archived