C4 Forums | Control4

annex⁴ - Vizio SmartCast IP Driver - Open Beta

annex⁴

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2017 at 1:50 PM, annex⁴ said:

We are looking for testers of a Vizio IP driver, you will need to have a 2016+ Vizio Smartcast TV.  If you are interested please respond and also include your TV model.

Hi

Do you know if this driver will work for Vizio M75-C1 TV?

Thanks

19 minutes ago, AshMania said:

Hi

Do you know if this driver will work for Vizio M75-C1 TV?

Thanks

No, it will not. Vizio introduced Smartcast in 2016, and that model is from their 2015 line up.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
21 hours ago, R_Willis said:

This driver work well?   worth it?

I've been running it since day 1 (as I wrote it) and I haven't had any hiccups with it. The volume ramping can be a little odd at times, as we only send the next request after we receive a confirmation for the previous request and I've noticed the TV is sometimes slow to respond to the HTTP requests for volume. This may have been fixed in recent firmware, it's just something I noticed when I initially wrote the driver. It means sometimes you'll get a small delay when ramping volume. It only occurs with volume which is even more strange, everything else instantly responds. Holding directional inputs for example doesn't experience the same issue.

Pairing is easy and can be done without the original remote. Power on occurs discretely over a HTTP command and doesn't require WOL. It's one of the drivers we never really get support calls for, it just works and the install is simple.

If you have any questions about technical details PM me.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.