C4 Forums | Control4

Help with serial driver

pdapice

I have a xantech MX-88 multi zone amp/matrix that i control using serial commands. I modified an existing driver to send the commands i need, and everything is working great so far (yay!)

the problem is that the existing driver that i modified does not seem to support several features that i would like to have, most importantly volume feedback.

currently vol up and down work great, but it does not report back the current volume level to the director, so the volume level is always 0 even though it actually isn't

I know the serial commands to query the volume level per zone, but i just don't know where to put them or how to incorporate them into my driver. i am slowly learning about driver development and have been scratching my head on this one for a while so i figured i would post here for a little bump in the right direction.

my current guess is to put the volume query code in an on input change and/or on volume change section

if anyone can chime in the "best practices" for this type of thing it would be greatly appreciated.

the amp also supports treble and bass adjustments and discrete vol, treble and bass values as well, so i wouldn't mind incorporating those too

• 5 months later...

Archived