C4 Forums | Control4

TV Suggestion

bkays

Question

Thinking of taking advantage of some of the leftover holiday deals on TVs to get a 75". I currently have a Samsung 65" UN65KS9000 in my living room. It's a wide open space that goes into the kitchen so I had thought about moving 65" to the basement and getting something bigger for the living room. It has a lot of natural light.

I was looking at these:

Sony 75" XBR75X900E $2799

Samsung 75" QN75Q7FAMFXZA $3499

Samsung 82" UN82MU8000FXZA $3499

Samsung 75" UN75MU9000FXZA $3299

Samsung 75" UN75KS9000FXZA $3000

My current TV is just using IR control for Control4, no IP driver. I love the picture of the KS9000 I have now, that's why I threw the 75" of a 2016 model on there. From what I can tell all the 2017 TVs should be able to do IP control.

I did a lot of research and confused myself more than anything. In the store, the Samsung QLED (QN75Q7FAMFXZA) looked the best, but when I checked rtings.com it said the UN75MU9000FXZA performed better, and that the UN75KS9000FXZA was even better than that which is weird since the UN75MU9000FXZA should be the 2017 model to replace the KS9000. The Sony was on their list as one of the best 75" TV's, but didn't jump out at me in the store plus I haven't owned a Sony TV in a decade or more. I'm not putting to much emphasis on what I saw in the store because of marketing.. not all TVs had the same surroundings. 

Anyone a video expert that can give a suggestion? Is it worth staying with a top of the line 65" or going bigger to a 75" or 82" and losing some features and quality? Any of them integrate better or worse with Control4?

Thanks!

4 answers to this question

Wait for OLED prices on large 70" plus sets to come down because OLED in my opinion is a way better image and the difference is particularly noticeable with 4K HDR and on the larger screen sizes..  

I am now waiting for OLED prices to fall to replace my Side Lit 75 inch LED Sony as my main display in the HT.

Think about it for a moment. These sets you have mentioned are discounted for a reason. W

Pardon the thread hijack, but I am also looking for a display. I have similar and dissimilar requirements. 

I require an IP controlled kitchen tv. Only ran HDMI, Power, and network... The slot for TV is very small.

Im looking for the smallest native C4 IP controlled display.

I know I can do some splicing into network to go to controller, and it may even end up more reliable within C4, but I am thoroughly obsessed with C4 and having a variety of connections. My system is nearly done, but i still may add a serial connection just because I love how universal this stuff is.

C4 is literally the best tech puzzle. (if you don't have proper training) 

thoughts?

Archived