C4 Forums | Control4

Security breach? Phishing attempt

Just to alert admins and fellow members: I just received a phishing email sent to me at an address I used exclusively for this c4forums.com site (I use wildcard addresses to keep track, you see).  

Unless my profile is for some reason exposing that address, there may have been a breach.

The phish was a spoof of Netflix account problem... Subject: Important information about recent updates your Netflix Account !

16 hours ago, grassynoel said:

Just to alert admins and fellow members: I just received a phishing email sent to me at an address I used exclusively for this c4forums.com site (I use wildcard addresses to keep track, you see).  

Unless my profile is for some reason exposing that address, there may have been a breach.

The phish was a spoof of Netflix account problem... Subject: Important information about recent updates your Netflix Account !

I also received the same phishing attempt and I also use a unique email address on each site to track where something like this originates from. This is most likely from the old c4forums breach back in 2015 (if i remember correctly) when all of our email addresses and associated usernames were posted on the web by a hacking group. Frankly I am surprised this has not happened earlier and more often. Thanks for the warning, i was just about to do the same when I saw your post. The email I received was actually entirely a picture (of text) and was linked to the phishing site , see below, don't worry i didn't include the link ;)

phishing.thumb.jpg.212b576cf1fc9ecbc8e52fb64f5b3ce6.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Archived