C4 Forums | Control4

C4 by Aprilaire not calling for heat

My C4 thermostat isn’t calling for heat. When hear his turned on it pretty much comes out the same temperature as the room is. Maybe a few degrees higher but certainly not coming out at what it should be. When I put my old thermostat back on, the heat comes out right. I am putting the wires exactly the same way on both thermostats. Anyone have an idea? 

8 hours ago, Cyknight said:

What version of T-Stat? If the old one, do you have a common attached?

Sorry read topic properly, you sure it's the new version? Is it set up correctly, for the right type of equipment?

I’ve played with the setting multiple times. It’s definitely the new one. What’s odd is I have 4 units and one of them works (my master thankfully) so that’s what I can’t seem to understand. All of them work perfectly for AC. 

I had the same issue with my carrier system when switching to the C4 aprilaire stat. Wired exactly as the original and confirmed power on the common. No heat. I logged in to installer mode and confirmed equipment type was set correctly (Heat/Cool or Heat Pump) was selected on Equipment type and then made sure the Heat/Cool fan mode was set to Electric Heat.

With my system, the thermostat is supposed to control the heat fan (Electric Heat) , not the carrier equipment. The default setting in the C4 stat is for the equipment (Gas/Oil Heat)

Also make sure the lockout isn't turned on for Heat at (02) control setup.

Archived