C4 Forums | Control4

LG / Plex annex4 driver needs to have option to swap prev/cncl buttons

What do you mean by everything uses cncl?

When devices have an exit and a back button every device I have seen has back mapped to previous and exit mapped to cancel.

This request has been responded to previously that button mapping is coming.

That said the buttons are mapped to what they should be from the LG remote.

13 minutes ago, THEORY said:

What do you mean by everything uses cncl?

When devices have an exit and a back button every device I have seen has back mapped to previous and exit mapped to cancel.

This request has been responded to previously that button mapping is coming.

That said the buttons are mapped to what they should be from the LG remote.

when you go back a screen on the c4 navigator, roku, etc.  the cncl button is the one that does that on c4. when you use the cncl button with the LG driver exits out of entire apps back to the tuner, no matter what you're doing. to go back a screen, say, in the plex app, you need to use the "prev" button. 

yeah, i've seen "it's coming," that's been stated for quite awhile, i'm trying to find out WHEN it's coming. given the number of complains i've received about the button confusion, i'm going to start deploying roku for these in lieu of using the webOS if there's no updated timeline for this update. 

4 hours ago, Christopher Spitler said:

when you go back a screen on the c4 navigator, roku, etc.  the cncl button is the one that does that on c4. when you use the cncl button with the LG driver exits out of entire apps back to the tuner, no matter what you're doing. to go back a screen, say, in the plex app, you need to use the "prev" button. 

yeah, i've seen "it's coming," that's been stated for quite awhile, i'm trying to find out WHEN it's coming. given the number of complains i've received about the button confusion, i'm going to start deploying roku for these in lieu of using the webOS if there's no updated timeline for this update. 

There is not a definitive release date at this time, there are a few things were are looking to enhance the LG driver with. This means we need to complete them and test as the drivers impact a large number of projects.

It is something I would like myself as I used to hit cncl on Netflix. But it hasn't been a major request.

In the end you need to do what is best for your business.

annex4 has about 1-2 support calls a month for the LG driver, mostly for new dealers needing guidance.  We don't want to ruin that experience by rushing changes out the door.

Archived