C4 Forums | Control4

Advance Lighting Scenes all disappeared

Sometimes, when something like this happens (part of a project goes missing), it's due to a power loss during a project save, *or* it's possible the flash memory of your controller could be going bad.

* How old is your controller? (and what type of controller)?

* What Control4 OS version are you on?

* Have you had a power outage?

This is also why you'd want to have backups.

RyanE

19 hours ago, RyanE said:

Sometimes, when something like this happens (part of a project goes missing), it's due to a power loss during a project save, *or* it's possible the flash memory of your controller could be going bad.

* How old is your controller? (and what type of controller)?

* What Control4 OS version are you on?

* Have you had a power outage?

This is also why you'd want to have backups.

RyanE

What is the proper way to shutdown a controller then?  I know there is a restart Director command - is there a graceful "shutdown the director" command?

I think the safest way would likely be to either ssh into the controller and kill director (with no signal specified, which should let it shutdown and write out files), then power it down.

Alternatively, if you can't ssh into it, you could pull up system manager, choose the controller, and disable director, which shuts it down.

You'd have to re-enable director when you start the controller back up, though.

I normally don't worry about either of those, I do a project backup, and then pull the power.  Doing the project backup ensures you have a backup, and it also makes it less likely that Director is going to be saving again shortly after the backup, when you pull the plug.

RyanE

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived