C4 Forums | Control4

Fire TV HDR 4K IP control issue

It’s sucks that they have not released a new driver yet. It’s not like A tv that only a few people have. I would guess most projects have a firestick. I would change to a Roku but the add ons to fire stick is why I don’t switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

34 minutes ago, alf1096 said:

It’s sucks that they have not released a new driver yet. It’s not like A tv that only a few people have. I would guess most projects have a firestick. I would change to a Roku but the add ons to fire stick is why I don’t switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

they can't get it to work - that is the problem - its not that they don't care and haven't tried

We have a solution for you that works perfectly in Fire OS 6 (the new Fire TVs).  It is also a lot faster than ADB based drivers.

Our free driver works in conjunction with a low cost USB accessory, IRUSB

Our driver (Video Storm) offers:

• Fast and responsive IP control for menu navigation / all button support in any app
  • Direct app launching via commands, buttons, or mini drivers
  • IR control of any external device (just like a C4 IR extender)

It is currently popular on this forum for controlling nVidia Shield.  However, it also works with all Amazon devices (any Android based device).  For Amazon devices with only the single shared USB/power port, we recommend using this OTG splitter cable with IRUSB

You can find all the details at our web site

We have a solution for you that works perfectly in Fire OS 6 (the new Fire TVs).  It is also a lot faster than ADB based drivers.
Our free driver works in conjunction with a low cost USB accessory, IRUSB

Our driver (Video Storm) offers:

• Fast and responsive IP control for menu navigation / all button support in any app
  • Direct app launching via commands, buttons, or mini drivers
  • IR control of any external device (just like a C4 IR extender)
It is currently popular on this forum for controlling nVidia Shield.  However, it also works with all Amazon devices (any Android based device).  For Amazon devices with only the single shared USB/power port, we recommend using this OTG splitter cable with IRUSB
You can find all the details at our web site

So the free driver offers direct app launch. I just hate to spend 40 bucks to fix something that was fine a month ago but I might have to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On the new fire tvs (or fire stick), you use an OTG usb cable to split out power & usb.  Then IRUSB connects to the USB side.

If you want wired ethernet (not required), we recommend using the uGreen USB hub with ethernet.  That gives you USB and ethernet in a single device (you still need the OTG splitter cable).

Full IP control with direct app launching / mini drivers supported.  Does not need any C4 outputs.  In fact, it provides another C4 IR output if you need it for other devices.

Ive purchased the irUSB modules from Videostorm, and now i am trying to add their driver into composer.  It is in my drivers folder, and i tried to add it in composer as well via add/update driver.  However i am unable to locate it either under media players or a search.  Any suggestions?

EDIT:  As soon as i posted this i discovered my issue.  For anyone else with this in the future, Dont search for irusb or try media player (Even tho that is how the driver is named) Search for either video storm, Or Universal Android Driver.

On 2/19/2018 at 12:02 PM, videostorm said:

On the new fire tvs (or fire stick), you use an OTG usb cable to split out power & usb.  Then IRUSB connects to the USB side.

If you want wired ethernet (not required), we recommend using the uGreen USB hub with ethernet.  That gives you USB and ethernet in a single device (you still need the OTG splitter cable).

Full IP control with direct app launching / mini drivers supported.  Does not need any C4 outputs.  In fact, it provides another C4 IR output if you need it for other devices.

So if you need wired IP and irUsb do you go like this

Fire TV -> OTG -> uGreen USb Hub -> Network, IrUsb ?

• 4 months later...

For the IRUSB solution, does it have to be the VideoStorm dongle? I only ask because those are are $39 plus $50 to ship them to the UK. I can't, for the life of me, understand how they can justify a $50 shipping fee. I even inquired about this and they said that's their standard international rate. Just a way to take advantage of people that need it I guess. But does anyone know if you can use other IRUSB Transceivers?

Thank you

57 minutes ago, tazmanianflea said:

For the IRUSB solution, does it have to be the VideoStorm dongle? I only ask because those are are $39 plus $50 to ship them to the UK. I can't, for the life of me, understand how they can justify a $50 shipping fee. I even inquired about this and they said that's their standard international rate. Just a way to take advantage of people that need it I guess. But does anyone know if you can use other IRUSB Transceivers?

Thank you

Try these guys out

https://www.stackry.com/en/home

4 hours ago, tazmanianflea said:

Thank you

I don't think their shipping fee moves a lot when you add quantity so you could buy more for yourself and friends or soon to be friends if you want some economies of scale.

5 hours ago, tazmanianflea said:

Thank you

IRUSB is the only hardware that I am aware of capable of giving you an IP control solution.  

Flat rate shipping to UK / Europe is $50 for up to 6 IRUSB units.  It does work out much better if you order more than one.  You also get a price break of $35 per unit when you order 3 or more.  

On 7/16/2018 at 11:21 AM, Gary Leeds UK said:

Try these guys out

https://www.stackry.com/en/home

Thanks Gary. Would you know how I could get a copy of the old driver for the older fire sticks? Because I hear people that have the old driver and firestick don't have any problems. The customer this is for has an older version of the firestick and I was wondering if that would work?

On 7/16/2018 at 4:28 PM, videostorm said:

IRUSB is the only hardware that I am aware of capable of giving you an IP control solution.  

Flat rate shipping to UK / Europe is $50 for up to 6 IRUSB units.  It does work out much better if you order more than one.  You also get a price break of $35 per unit when you order 3 or more.  

Thank you!

1 hour ago, tazmanianflea said:

I've heard that the old driver still works fine on the old amazon firestick, but the driver has been taken down out of control4's database. Is there a way to obtain this driver as the customer I'm working with has an older generation firestick?

Yes. It is in the control4 kb

• 3 months later...

Archived