C4 Forums | Control4

New Control4 Controller, C4-CA1

chuddy117

42 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

Yep, COULD. and that was ATER you started stressing out.

So yeah, experiences like that make me go 'nah' on the idea of security companies installing C4 systems. And no, that is not an isolated example. Wish it was.

Not stressed at all. Just pointing out that the usual cast of characters have to always come in and tell us users how we don’t know what we are talking about when we are just discussing what a potential new product could be used for. 

I’ve mentioned before that I program industrial automation systems. I don’t take any offense when you bash those trades except to say I had good and bad experiences with all of them. My local security system company did an excellent job. I came to them when building my house knowing I wanted a vista panel and the c4 module. The salesman knew lots about his system and tried to talk me into their Honeywell lynx system. For some other customer that might have been a good option. The installers for the job did really well too. 

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did I say the FCC filings were speculation?

No.

All the speculation *is* speculation.  i.e. Control4's plans, what this controller is for, when/whether it will be released, what it can do, etc.

I'm not here to clarify, just to watch.  :)

RyanE

Oh, and just to clarify, I'm not bashing *anyone* who wants to speculate...

One last thing: If you closely read the filing to keep things 'confidential', it only requested that the schematic and something else I don't remember (maybe the Bill of Materials) be kept confidential, both of which do not show up in the listings.

RyanE

1 hour ago, therockhr said:

always come in and tell us users how we don’t know what we are talking about when we are just discussing what a potential new product could be used for. 

Who said that, and where? Again rock, I only pointed out that you're speculating on a product that as far as we know does not exists - and may or may not exists. Speculate on what it could be used for all you want.

When it comes speculating that it would be 'swell' to have security installers start using these potential new controllers, I just pointed out MY opinion which be default are based on MY experiences that it would be a terrible idea.

I didn't say you shouldn't say it, I didn't tell you to stop speculating, didn't state a single thing on the other examples of possible use put forward - I only put in my own two cents on that ONE part, and put in a reminder when things started to get a bit heated that you (all, not you specifically) are in fact 'just' speculating, and then on a device that as far as you know has had at the most had an FCC filing done. I meant nothing more than that, didn't say more than that. You just read a lot more into the comments than I certainly intended, and a lot more in other's comments than I could see.

3 hours ago, RyanE said:

Did I say the FCC filings were speculation?

No.

All the speculation *is* speculation.  i.e. Control4's plans, what this controller is for, when/whether it will be released, what it can do, etc.

I'm not here to clarify, just to watch.  :)

RyanE

Hope you have lots of popcorn!

If you look at the timing of most of the filings it appears that the product is announced and even released before the FCC filings so there is probably a good chance that this product got cancelled. Hope not because I think this product has lots of potential. 

I still think it is interesting to talk about what Control4 has or had in mind for this controller. I think having a controller with no AV in their portfolio makes sense with all the other whole home audio solutions that keep popping up on the mid to low tier price range.

Why do the dealers and C4 employees even participate in these discussions? We all know by now they are not allowed to discuss future products and it always causes the same drama. Let end users speculate and stay out of it. 

And if everyone is so sure it’s canceled product why get your panties in a wad about security guys taking your business? Because we know it’s all about your overpriced bottom line anyways...

(Save your time bashing me over this because I’m not even going to read it)

- end user - OUT

A question on these filings - some of the filing dates are well after the product was introduced - the filing dates for the EA-3 and EA-5 are Sep 2016.  Do they revise filings when there are minor changes to the product?  I believe that they EA series was introduced in January of 2016 so that is 8 months after the product came out.

11 minutes ago, zaphod said:

A question on these filings - some of the filing dates are well after the product was introduced - the filing dates for the EA-3 and EA-5 are Sep 2016.  Do they revise filings when there are minor changes to the product?  I believe that they EA series was introduced in January of 2016 so that is 8 months after the product came out.

That would be interesting to know.

45 minutes ago, Luke said:

Because we know it’s all about your overpriced bottom line anyways...

- end user - OUT

I am an end user 100%.  Why is their bottom line over priced?  How much should a dealer be able to make?  Don't we have a free economy just for this reason?  No one forced you to buy Control4.  No one forces you into a specific dealer - you own your code and project and can select any dealer in the world.  Maybe your boss should read this and withhold a future raise because you make too much.  

Seriously....

50 minutes ago, Luke said:

Why do the dealers and C4 employees even participate in these discussions? We all know by now they are not allowed to discuss future products and it always causes the same drama. Let end users speculate and stay out of it. 

And if everyone is so sure it’s canceled product why get your panties in a wad about security guys taking your business? Because we know it’s all about your overpriced bottom line anyways...

- end user - OUT

Pot... Kettle...

34 minutes ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

I was been Speculative - The CA1 may turn up before the SUPER hyped APP

Or have C4 lied when they did the show because all they had what was a new update and a few

Steaming channels.

All they said was that they were working on an app. There's no lie there. Also not sure how it was super hyped, but sure.

Also think you are missing the complete new line of amplifiers, audio matrices and the Triad One in you little list there.

Gary,

At CEDIA it was explained in detail, multiple times that Intercom Anywhere did *not* have a scheduled release date.

It was the only item shown on the show floor that had that stipulation.

This is exactly the reason Control4 doesn't typically announce/show 'pre-release' technology.

One bump in how long it takes to release, and Control4 gets dragged.

I apologize that it's not out yet, but it's not a simple piece of kit.

Have a good one.

RyanE

8 hours ago, eggzlot said:

I am an end user 100%.  Why is their bottom line over priced?  How much should a dealer be able to make?  Don't we have a free economy just for this reason?  No one forced you to buy Control4.  No one forces you into a specific dealer - you own your code and project and can select any dealer in the world.  Maybe your boss should read this and withhold a future raise because you make too much.  

Seriously....

My gripe was in no way about the price of Control4. It was poorly worded. I was referring to the loss of business to security pros who would be new competition. If a new avenue to get into Control4 opens up everyone should be for it. I should have never used the word overpriced and chosen market driven price instead. 

I think you are trying to control the free economy by not allowing security pros in. 

Why does my pay (to provide anesthesia) even come into question when we are talking about competition between C4 dealers and security pros? 

This and eBay are honestly the only place a true free market Control4 marketplace for products and services exists and that is most of the reason for me being here. 

Archived