C4 Forums | Control4

New Control4 Controller, C4-CA1

chuddy117

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a lot more to success (even financial success) than market cap... But not knowing how much capital was originally invested in either entity (or when), nor knowing how much has been taken out... I cannot really comment sensibly. I guess I could research it but no thanks. As an end user, I am happy with the company's stability, the product, service and the economics for me... If I was an investor, I'd need to do a lot more homework...

15 hours ago, Luke said:

I think you are trying to control the free economy by not allowing security pros in.

Who said they aren't being allowed in? If they want to they can do all the required work to become a dealer same as anyone. Heck I know of a few C4 dealers that started out as local security companies. No specific segment or industry is being 'blocked' at all.

Free economy is NOT allowing anyone and everyone to just do whatever they want untrained and unsupervised.

Would you allow a nurse to be an anesthetist WITHOUT further education? Or a hospital janitor, perhaps the hospital IT guy? Heck would it be allowed for a neurologist to just 'be' an anesthetist without the proper (added) training and education? And yes I do understand that we're talking a whole different level of concern here, but that's what hyperboles are for.

22 minutes ago, David Paxton said:

No ideas on a release date or a time when you would spec this over a EA-1

I can however confirm the driver for the CA-1 is already in composer and has been since Cedia.

What if you right click and restore default list?

5 hours ago, therockhr said:

Are you saying it had been removed?

No what that means is that it not an 'active' driver. There have been dozens of C4 branded device drivers added in composer over the years, some get removed upon the next releases, others linger until it gets noticed.There was one heck of a hubbub about a fan driver (or something) at some point which was just a test driver from one of the internal developers that was never removed prior to release - and no it was NOT an indication of the later fan speed controller.

Main point being is that while it's an indication they may have had an operational prototype unit, just because there's a driver doesn't mean there's a device.

Again, no-one is saying there won't be, just not saying there will be either. :lol:

On 1/10/2018 at 10:18 PM, RyanE said:

Gary,

At CEDIA it was explained in detail, multiple times that Intercom Anywhere did *not* have a scheduled release date.

It was the only item shown on the show floor that had that stipulation.

This is exactly the reason Control4 doesn't typically announce/show 'pre-release' technology.

One bump in how long it takes to release, and Control4 gets dragged.

I apologize that it's not out yet, but it's not a simple piece of kit.

Have a good one.

RyanE

Can understand it taking time - But most of the work is already done and you have to ask why did they mention it if they do not Typically - Froma 

marketing side sounds like they had nothing exciting to tell its Customers 

https://www.2n.cz/en_GB/products/intercoms/2n-helios-ip-solo#tab-4

https://www.2n.cz/en_GB/solutions/video-doorbell-for-your-smartphone

https://my2n.com/mobilevideo

So..... https://fccid.io/R33C4CA1/Letter/Dismissal-Letter-3711879

The product that is certified under the FCC ID: R33C4CA1 model C4-CA1 has not been marketed or sold with this FCC ID. This product will be announced and offered for sell on February 7, 2018. Control4 would like to request that this FCC grant be removed from the FCC website until February 7, 2018 Pursuant to Section 0.457 (d) (1) (ii) of the Commission’s Rules. A separate deferral of grant request has been submitted. The information in this grant contains trade secrets and proprietary information not customarily released to the public. The public disclosure of these materials may be harmful to the applicant and provide unjustified benefits to its competitors. The applicant understands that pursuant to Section 0.457 of the Rules, disclosure of this application and all accompanying documentation will not be made before the date of the Grant for this application.

28 minutes ago, therockhr said:

So..... https://fccid.io/R33C4CA1/Letter/Dismissal-Letter-3711879

The product that is certified under the FCC ID: R33C4CA1 model C4-CA1 has not been marketed or sold with this FCC ID. This product will be announced and offered for sell on February 7, 2018. Control4 would like to request that this FCC grant be removed from the FCC website until February 7, 2018 Pursuant to Section 0.457 (d) (1) (ii) of the Commission’s Rules. A separate deferral of grant request has been submitted. The information in this grant contains trade secrets and proprietary information not customarily released to the public. The public disclosure of these materials may be harmful to the applicant and provide unjustified benefits to its competitors. The applicant understands that pursuant to Section 0.457 of the Rules, disclosure of this application and all accompanying documentation will not be made before the date of the Grant for this application.

Those dates match up with ISE 2018, heading over so hopefully we will have some cool stuff to look at.

On 1/15/2018 at 2:38 PM, David Paxton said:

Those dates match up with ISE 2018, heading over so hopefully we will have some cool stuff to look at.

cool. What is the focus of ISE? is it like CEDIA?

I still think one reason for this product to compete with the other security hubs that are coming out from Ring, Nest, etc. The new Honeywell hub that has an integrated camera looks to be really nice.

4 hours ago, Cyknight said:

LOL, considering the number of germans that moved to the US that would likely depend on how far back you want to track that :lol:

I only consider those that still have a strong (German) accent.

RyanE

• 2 weeks later...

Archived