C4 Forums | Control4

New Control4 Controller, C4-CA1

chuddy117

3 minutes ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

Had the DS2 fitted yesterday and just received a text to say 2.10.1 is released - Will Intercom app  be released today ???

unnamed.png

I hope so.  My dealer is updating me to 2.10.1 as we speak and is hopeful that this will resolve announcement and DS issues... I hope the hope is based on knowledge!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You was right about the Door Station - Great looking bit of kit and love the Motion Sensor adjustment. 

Even the wife loves it !! 

Will hold of the update as my dealer likes to come to site !! - So will get on of the lads to update us. 

My dealers pretty confident about the App - Fingers crosses  

1 hour ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

You was right about the Door Station - Great looking bit of kit and love the Motion Sensor adjustment. 

Even the wife loves it !! 

Will hold of the update as my dealer likes to come to site !! - So will get on of the lads to update us. 

My dealers pretty confident about the App - Fingers crosses  

no sign of it yet. 2.10.1 does show this is the bug fixes 

36095 — T3 to Remote Mobile:: No Video//AAudio

Can this new controller be used in a multi-room system?  I thought that an EA-1 can only be used in a one-room setup, but the CA-1 is less powerful than an EA-1, at least according to the Residential Systems review.

Can this new controller be used in a multi-room system?  I thought that an EA-1 can only be used in a one-room setup, but the CA-1 is less powerful than an EA-1, at least according to the Residential Systems review.

The point is it is multi room, no av which means no audio decoding (processor heavy) and no hdmi.

So it can be less powerful

So I have panelled lighting and some other c4 dependent items in my home. On move out I could drop this in and leave my home working for the next owner and let them figure out their AV

7 minutes ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

if you tv and amp was ip Controlled would you able to use this with a remote ? 

I think yes but when you add the price of a remote and when you do that then doesn't it cost as much as an EA-1 bundled with a remote?

1 hour ago, zaphod said:

Wondered the same thing when I read that. I always assumed the EA-1 was not limited because of power but because of marketing.

1 minute ago, skinner6695 said:

Expand range, IO, or what if buy a CA-1 and want more. Say add video later.

there really is no IO on the CA-1...and if you want Range get a Zigbee extender...I really don't see your use case as valid.

How is this for a use case - a basement electrical room that contains your security system panel.  No need for IO in such a room but you may need a serial connection into C4. 

I currently have an HC-300 playing such a role.  I am going to try serial over CAT-5 but apparently that may not work over longer distances.

I think yes but when you add the price of a remote and when you do that then doesn't it cost as much as an EA-1 bundled with a remote?
Anyone know if the EA-1 can be a director for the CA-1? Or does a CA-1 need an EA-3 or 5?
Wouldn't the director need to be on the CA1 else you lose the multi room?

2 hours ago, zaphod said:

The Ca-1 just like the ea1 cant be useded with any other controllers. so ea1 cant have a ca-1 and vice versa

2 hours ago, SMHarman said:

The point is it is multi room, no av which means no audio decoding (processor heavy) and no hdmi.

So it can be less powerful

So I have panelled lighting and some other c4 dependent items in my home. On move out I could drop this in and leave my home working for the next owner and let them figure out their AV

yes this could be done

2 hours ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

yea and you could through in a triad 1 and have audio

1 hour ago, zaphod said:

350 retail for the ca 1 200 for the sr260 so 550 vs 600 current discounted retail however 700 is the real price so the discount may go away

1 hour ago, skinner6695 said:

Anyone know if the EA-1 can be a director for the CA-1? Or does a CA-1 need an EA-3 or 5?

answered above but you can add triad ones to any of these and use them for audio.

a ca-1 and ea-1 can run projects by themselves with no other controllers.

Archived