C4 Forums | Control4

EA series pre out

F0ZZ

I’m new so this may be a dumb question.

Do the EA controllers act as a preamp/volume for amplifiers. I’m planning to have a system installed in the near future and have an older multichannel amplifier that I thought I could use to power several audio zones. But I’m not sure if the controllers will act as the pre amp for volume control. Multi channel audio wasn’t on my wish list, but if I already have the gear, might as well install it.

thanks,

Each analogue out can certainly be used with volume control, but understand that it's 1 to 1 connections and you ONLY get the native streaming devices. I wouldn't recommend it for digital outputs (HDMI/Digital Coax) if it's even possible (I think they enabled volume levels on that but NOT audio endpoints) as it's not likely to work well if at all for dynamic control (vs setting the level for equalization/source leveling)

I just found a C4 model 16-amp3-b with a remote for sale. They are asking $500 CDN. Like new condition.

im sure this is a good price, but would I need to add a lot of additional hardware to make this work if I used an EA5 as my main controller?

Archived