C4 Forums | Control4

Remote and amp check

F0ZZ

Can anyone tell me what model remote this is and if it will work with the new EA series controllers?

im also going to be looking at a 16 channel amp soon. 16amp3-B. I’m being told it works perfectly, but I want to confirm that.is this like any other amp, just plug in a source and attach speakers? Or is that not the case because of its matrix capabilities?

32205DD0-C934-4CA6-856B-1A6E855FB957.jpeg

that is a sr250, as long as it is not embernet you are good to go. The matrix amp once programmed to the system works great. Needs to be added to the programing for volume control and source selection so plug and play is not 100% accurate though it is cake to put in the system since it is native

Embernet is previous to zigbee pro. I don't recall the internal firmware version the remote would have to be on to be upgraded. Mine was 3.26.17 when I was on OS2.9 which are in the settings of the remote. 

No way to check the amp before purchase other than hoping the person is honest when they say it works

Am I able to check what version is active in the remote?  If it is Embernet, does that mean it isn’t usable?

honestly the remote is an extra. But it would be nice to have a spare.

I looked at the amplifier and it wasn’t functional.

im now looking for alternatives. I see a lot of Russound CA 6.4 amplifiers for sale in my area. Anyone have experience with these? Or other recommendations?

34 minutes ago, SMHarman said:

"waiting for network" indicates it is on zigbee

Not always true. There were indeed some SR-250 remotes on embernet that say "waiting for network".

If it's an SR-250B-Z-B, instead of just 250, then it is ZigBee Pro. The SR250(a) can up updated, so check the firmware as someone else suggested. Firmware version 03.XX.XXX is ZigBee Pro, below that is Embernet.

Archived