livitup

My Movies on Navigators

I've added the iTunes driver, scanned for media, got some movies in the database, and now I want to add "My Movies" as a watch option.

In Composer HE, in the room's properties, in the navigator tab, in the "Watch" experience menu option I don't have "My Movies" as an option I can show/hide. Is there something I or my dealer need to do in order for it to show up as an option?

You need to look into a dune player, kodi or plex for video playback. 

Thanks, but no. Not an option for me, unfortunately.

I just need someone to tell me how to get “My Movies” to show up as an option in the Watch menu.

Thanks, but no. Not an option for me, unfortunately.

I just need someone to tell me how to get “My Movies” to show up as an option in the Watch menu.
That is the answer though. My movies only works w a compatible media player

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk

I just now realized that there is a different product - My Movies the software (www.mymovies.dk) that @South Africa C4 user was using as the "middleware" between iTunes and C4.  Will investigate further tonight and post some screen shots.

I'm confused, because just from scanning the iTunes PC via the button in the iTunes driver, my movies do show up in the C4 database.  Once they're in the DB, shouldn't I be able to see them, regardless of how they got there?

I'm trying to accomplish that which has already been accomplished and described here:

My movies does not show up on navigators or the app because those current bindings and connections make it so c4 has not video player to get it on the screen so it doesn't show up as a choice. Quickly reading that thread, the solution is complete jank and I suspect reliability issues galore. Also something like kodi or plex will be much more flexible with different video formats

The iTunes driver uses AirPlay from the PC / Mac with iTunes on it to an AppleTV.  Thus the AppleTV is essentially the media player for these movies.  I didn’t find the driver very useful for Movies (although I still use it a lot for music as it gets everything I add to my Apple Music library directly into C4) as I tended to use the Apple TV directly for these Movies.