C4 Forums | Control4

key mapping

ecschnei

42 minutes ago, SMHarman said:

Yep control 4 could map more of the remote to the room command set.

End users would have to recreate the driver as it is encrypted

Sonic is right though the roku remote doesn't have alphanumeric keys so it's outside the box programming based on the screenshots.

Sonic is right though the roku remote doesn't have alphanumeric keys so it's outside the box programming based on the screenshots.

Yes - is the existing driver IP or IR?  This is exactly how other types of drivers can work.  But someone will have to do some work redoing the driver.

IP. Roku use this functionality in their app so search and keyboard of your phone translate to the device and screen. Makes inputting passwords etc so much easier. Or searching for titles.  

I've never written a driver of any complexity just hacked the roku mini drivers for additional channels. Based on that I imagine this is a pretty simple copy paste of an existing code line for an arrow key x 10 and then changing the SR input variable and the output variable as detailed above.

5 minutes ago, Christopher Spitler said:

0-9 i think is what we want. it asks you a PIN to log into that account, and i was actually surprised when i had to use arrows and "ok" to enter the pin instead of just using the numpad. just an idea. 

Yes I know that is what you specifically are asking for. But...that's just you, and to underscore that, you're the first to ask.

We're NOT talking about a simple IR driver that can be modified in seconds. Not even sure if the C4 driver is open to begin with, so other than C4 doing it, it would require developing a completely new driver.

18 hours ago, Cyknight said:

Yes I know that is what you specifically are asking for. But...that's just you, and to underscore that, you're the first to ask.

We're NOT talking about a simple IR driver that can be modified in seconds. Not even sure if the C4 driver is open to begin with, so other than C4 doing it, it would require developing a completely new driver.

That is the information I was missing...knowing what it takes someone to "modify" a driver like this case.  Thank you for the answers everyone... I appreciate the feedback

It's a 2.6+ c4z. So it's not open.

They updated it in November maybe someone with Control4 ear could ask them to add the 30 or so lines of code to do this. 711f50aa3fb753b854125d773a854bff.jpg

It's a 2.6+ c4z. So it's not open.

They updated it in November maybe someone with Control4 ear could ask them to add the 30 or so lines of code to do this. 711f50aa3fb753b854125d773a854bff.jpg
C4z doesn't mean it's not open

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

C4z doesn't mean it's not open

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Hmm, so if it is open I can open it in what?

Seriously this looks to me that you find the button to instruction mapping section of the driver. Copy the down command 10 times and map the 1-0.

42 minutes ago, SMHarman said:

Hmm, so if it is open I can open it in what?

Seriously this looks to me that you find the button to instruction mapping section of the driver. Copy the down command 10 times and map the 1-0.

As I understand it, c4z is a zip file and can be unzipped. Whether the files inside are locked or not is another question.

Archived