C4 Forums | Control4

Chowmain Push - anyone seeing a delay?

eggzlot

Anyone experiencing slowness with the pushover driver?  I use it in conjunction with a camera by my doorbell, and the last ~10 people who rang the door, I get the photo but its clearly taken several seconds later and they are no longer in the frame.  its mostly delivery people I assume (by when packages are being dropped off) but its still odd.  Seems to be a 7-10 second delay perhaps based on some detective work I've tried to do.

Anyone else noticing this issue?  Been the last 5-7 days or so.

19 hours ago, eggzlot said:

Anyone experiencing slowness with the pushover driver?  I use it in conjunction with a camera by my doorbell, and the last ~10 people who rang the door, I get the photo but its clearly taken several seconds later and they are no longer in the frame.  its mostly delivery people I assume (by when packages are being dropped off) but its still odd.  Seems to be a 7-10 second delay perhaps based on some detective work I've tried to do.

Anyone else noticing this issue?  Been the last 5-7 days or so.

Mine seem fine... but maybe my visitors just stand still for longer :D

9 minutes ago, alanchow said:

The driver downloads the file from the camera when the action is triggered.

i would look at network latency of the camera and also cpu utilisation of directror.  It will be one of those two.

ok thanks ill take a look. just seems very recent and did not make any wholesale changes that I can think of but I'll investigate.  any suggestions on how to review network latency?

34 minutes ago, eggzlot said:

ok thanks ill take a look. just seems very recent and did not make any wholesale changes that I can think of but I'll investigate.  any suggestions on how to review network latency?

Kind of hard to diagnose without being there or the person who installed/maintained the network.  If it is wifi then its easier as its usually interference or attenuation other than that i'd consult the IT guy who did your network.

Archived