C4 Forums | Control4

C4 Switches

F0ZZ

I have one C4 KA-WH and one SW120277 switch. I wasn’t planning on using them but seeing as they’re C4 devices I can probably get a lot more out of them than the Lutron Caseta switch’s currently being used. For those that have used these, what are your experiences with LED lights? My Lutron cause the lights to flash when turned on until I adjust the trim level. Can the trim be adjusted on these? Also, can I use the upper switch for lights and the lower switch for something else?

The switch should handle LEDs just fine. It’s juat an on/off switch, so it’ll just turn them on and off. Adjusting the trim level is for dimmer configuration, so it doesn’t apply to the SW120277. 

The KA can’t control a load. It’s just an aux keypad, and it connects to a dimmer (or switch) over the traveler wire for 3-way setups. 

The SW120277 can certainly be programmed as a 2 button keypad and do anything you like (upper can toggle the lights, lower can do something else). The KA cannot be programmed - it’s just going to send a signal over the traveler wire to a load control device. 

I may be misunderstanding the term, but I was assuming that he just meant narrowing the dimming range so that the low end bottomed out at some level higher than 1%. (Or limiting the high end, I guess, but that’s more about smooth dimming control than it is about flickering lights).

In C4, it’s easy to do in composer. You can adjust the dimming range or set a cold start level.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived