C4 Forums | Control4

Phillip Hue Motion Sensor

Gary Leeds UK

6 hours ago, k3nnis said:

Yep understood. I have a bridge with my hue bulb at the moment. Now I’m trying to think what are the nice things I could use the sensor for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m using it for security triggers when I’m not at home. While at home I use it to disconnect the heated towel rail 5 Minutes after there is no movement in Bathroom. The tower rail is connected through a TP-Link hs110 wifi Smart plug for which You also find a driver under https://www.unilogiq.com/en/control4-drivers

In the Kids room, we use the sensors to turn off the lights when no movement for 15 minutes. Same we do with certain heavy duty electrical devices like the Iron, we turn it off if there is no movement in the house.

the temperature readings we use to alert that windows are open in the winter for longer than 15 minutes.

You could combine the hue sensor input with energy reading of the hs110 to decide better if person is home: e.g. if coffe machine is brewing or other lamps went on.

i hope I could give you some ideas how to use the drivers. Happy to know which ideas you have.

BR, Bogdan

Thanks bogdan. That’s a nice list. I’m thinking to have a sensor just past my front door , if I walk in it will start playing my sonos play1 and also turn on a hue bulb in the entry when it’s dark. That’s only 1 sensor. I’m thinking to have bedside table lamps for master bedroom and kids bedroom. To turn on those when it’s dark and maybe turn off if sensor not detecting motion or place a timer? How would you use this for the bedrooms?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 3/1/2018 at 10:06 AM, k3nnis said:

I’m thinking to have bedside table lamps for master bedroom and kids bedroom. To turn on those when it’s dark and maybe turn off if sensor not detecting motion or place a timer? How would you use this for the bedrooms?

You should be carefully using motion sensors in the bedrooms and disable those at night or simply put them at foot level so that don't interact with the people while asleep. :)

One option is to put it under the bed and put night lights on when you get off the bed.

• 1 year later...

Anyone using these drivers on OS3?

i have installed both the gateway driver and a motion sensor driver but don’t see any way to set the motion sensor name on the properties page.  The doc implies there is a discover sensor action but there is no way to select or enter a sensor name.

Hi,

The action is on the gateway driver not on the sensor side.

Could you please double check the Users Guide the chapter named Installation, especially if you already did install the "Philips Hue Motion Sensor Gateway driver" (you can zoom in to see the detailed pictures).

In order to connect them you should try to check the connections of the gateway driver. If there is none detected, you can enforce a search for the sensors by performing the “Discover new devices” action.

After that you could install the "Philips Hue Motion Sensor driver" and connect it's input to the selected gateway connection. 

We tested this driver with 2.10.x and 3.0 and 3.1.

P.S. there is an undocumented feature: goto the UnilogIQ hue gateway driver page and under actions and also commands you will find a possibility to trigger light scenes.
This is our early xmas present to all of you!

We wish you great christmas time and a happy new year!

4 hours ago, Bogdy said:

Hi,

The action is on the gateway driver not on the sensor side.

Could you please double check the Users Guide the chapter named Installation, especially if you already did install the "Philips Hue Motion Sensor Gateway driver" (you can zoom in to see the detailed pictures).

In order to connect them you should try to check the connections of the gateway driver. If there is none detected, you can enforce a search for the sensors by performing the “Discover new devices” action.

After that you could install the "Philips Hue Motion Sensor driver" and connect it's input to the selected gateway connection. 

We tested this driver with 2.10.x and 3.0 and 3.1.

Thanks.
was able to get the sensor IDed.  Not sure what I did, but it’s working now.

4 hours ago, Bogdy said:
P.S. there is an undocumented feature: goto the UnilogIQ hue gateway driver page and under actions and also commands you will find a possibility to trigger light scenes.

Doesn’t populate scenes for me.  I get a series of LUA ERRORS - lua code 3938 attempt to concatenate local ‘sceneType’ (a nil value)

Right now, I have two scenes defined.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.