C4 Forums | Control4

Zigbee Module for New Line of Yale Locks

jzaman

• 1 month later...

That lock is supported by Control4 outside of the US market.  I have the same lock and am looking for a control4 zigbee network module from someone. My dealer (Magnolia) is having a hard time just acquiring the module for us.

To be clear - the 'standard' yale zigbee module will NOT work with Control4. Control4 DOES sell a compatible Yale zigbee module through their dealers. Whether that module is compatible with the mentioned lock or not I have no idea.

22 hours ago, jzaman said:

Wow, that’s good to know.  We have several dealers on here in the Canadian market that may be able to acquire it.  Do you think it’s available to Canada?

That module can only be purchased from Control4 and is expensive and almost not worth buying anymore compared to the price of a new control4 yale lock with the compatible zigbee module.   There's not much of a savings trying to piece the two together separately.  Some dealer's may have a few in stock but the new prices are high.  The only cheaper workaround is to integrate supported doorlocks into a Vera controller and then into C4.

2 hours ago, dcovach said:

That module can only be purchased from Control4 and is expensive and almost not worth buying anymore compared to the price of a new control4 yale lock with the compatible zigbee module.   There's not much of a savings trying to piece the two together separately.  Some dealer's may have a few in stock but the new prices are high. 

True - but it does save some money if you already have locks in place.

Just now, Cyknight said:

True - but it does save some money if you already have locks in place.

Depends.  I've seen some of these c4 modules being sold in the past for $100usd by a few dealers.  That would be a a justifiable purchase.  The current MSRP is outrageous.

Okay so this is how I understand it. I just ran into this last week.

The RED zigbee module will NOT work. Don't bother with it.

https://www.shopyalehome.com/Products/Accessories/AYR202-ZB-HA-USA.aspx

Control4 sells a Pink Translucent Zigbee module and it will work. Get the pink one.

AYR200-ZIG

https://www.yaleconnecthub.com/en/yale/yaleconnecthubcom/compatible-products1/zigbee-/yale-real-living-lock/

breif speil from dealer site

Utilize this Control4 specific Zigbee radio module to swap out Z-Wave radios or upgrade “no radio” Yale locks to become Control4 Zigbee compatible. Yale Real Living’s 210 and 220 models of deadbolts & levers as well as the 240 model of deadbolts feature a modular radio slot which is sold in other channels as  Z-Wave compatible or without a radio so the locks can be used stand alone. Convert existing Yale Real Living locks to Control4 compatible without buying a completely new lock- simply upgrade the module and you’re connected! 

good luck!

2 minutes ago, Kevin L said:

The assure locks require a brand  new zigbee module that came out a few weeks ago. The old modules do not work in it what so ever.

Good to know.  What's the model #?  I don't see anything other than the AYR200-ZIG on my dealer portal.

• 5 weeks later...

You're best option is to get the C4 version (with the module included).  With this being so new, trying to work around this might end up wasting a lot of time and money for both you and your dealer.  Its a relatively in-expensive deadbolt too.

• 6 months later...
On 4/9/2018 at 3:32 AM, jzaman said:

Come on Guy/gals.  I need a reasonable price module for the SL Aussure lock.  Can't we get this done?  It will benefit a lot of people on this forum.

In case you haven't sourced a module yet, the newer yale module has a MSRP at around $100 USD

Archived