C4 Forums | Control4

TuneIn Down?

3 hours ago, pinkoos said:

This is crazy.  How often does something like this happen - a software "patch" breaks something else?

Very often. Something like this (though not exactly the same) destroyed Sonos as a great integrated platform within Control4. It happens with abundant regularity. Though don't think this means you can predict it. You can't. Human behaviour by it's very nature is unpredictable and so is corporate decision making. Read Nicholas Taleb. Black Swan theory. Some folks around here think the hole HA space  can be managed like a lovely Sunday afternoon singalong in a Baptist church. It can't. It is totally random.  W 

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't have a local dealer per se - I've been hiring integrators from the forum to do some programming for me.  Would love to hear from any dealers/integrators here if they've been in contact with C4 for their local clients/customers about this issue.

3 minutes ago, pinkoos said:

I don't have a local dealer per se - I've been hiring integrators from the forum to do some programming for me.  Would love to hear from any dealers/integrators here if they've been in contact with C4 for their local clients/customers about this issue.

It might help if you put your location in your profile...

9 minutes ago, Bullseye said:

I also use Napster and Pandora and they are working fine.

18 minutes ago, SY3 said:

Pandora works for me but not TuneIn.  I'm Airplaying via ShareBridge at the moment as a work around but not ideal long term.

26 minutes ago, pinkoos said:

I rebooted as well with no resolution of the problem.

I have Pandora and Sonos which are both working, however Sonos has a new issue that I will post about separately.

Do any of you have HE? Can you right click on the driver and check info to see which version you have? The most current version is 116, with a modified date of 11/15/2017. If you are not on this version, I would have your dealer update the driver. If that does not work, I would have them check to confirm the bindings.

pinkoos - Sonos is doing updates and killing integration with the old drivers, so there are all kinds of problems going on there.

35 minutes ago, pinkoos said:

I'll have to check HE when I get home.

As for the Sonos, it was working fine (I have the most current driver) up until the TuneIn problem started, so I think the two must somehow be related.  I don't know.

I am not familiar with your system, but it is possible that you are configured to use TuneIn through Sonos instead of the controller because TuneIn is an available source on Sonos. It might explain why the issues started at the same time.

Archived