C4 Forums | Control4

TuneIn Down?

4 hours ago, dcovach said:

A "Napster" patch that should fix tuneIn was released very recently for 2.91 (specifically) and a different patch for previous OS's (eg. 2.82).  Contact your dealer for assistance as this should be an easier solution.

Those that lost touch with their dealer, feel free to contact me.

That fixed it!!

Thanks

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi All, 

We've had this problem for a week or so, Tune In looks to load but then just goes to a default screen and we get nothing. Works on phones etc. I see a lot of people referencing 2.9.1 but not sure what this refers to, when I check my 'about' section I'm on 2.10.1.19 based on what my app is telling me. Our engineer isn't being very supportive and we're a bit lost without it. What do I need them to do?

Thanks

Matt

10 minutes ago, Thornfield said:

Hi All, 

We've had this problem for a week or so, Tune In looks to load but then just goes to a default screen and we get nothing. Works on phones etc. I see a lot of people referencing 2.9.1 but not sure what this refers to, when I check my 'about' section I'm on 2.10.1.19 based on what my app is telling me. Our engineer isn't being very supportive and we're a bit lost without it. What do I need them to do?

Thanks

Matt

Have your dealer install the "Napster" patch, which should fix the TuneIn issue.  It can be done remotely without a site visit.  I've installed it for a couple of my clients already and it fixes the problem.

2 minutes ago, dcovach said:

Have your dealer install the "Napster" patch, which should fix the TuneIn issue.  It can be done remotely without a site visit.  I've installed it for a couple of my clients already and it fixes the problem.

I can vouch for this fix and Dan's help.

On 2/15/2018 at 9:00 AM, dcovach said:

Contact Dan, he helped me out with minimal fuss.  Thank you!

On 2/16/2018 at 1:37 AM, Thornfield said:

Thanks All, I'll speak to my dealer this afternoon and hope he can do something. Is there a name for the patch or is it just known as the 'Napster' patch?

For your dealers they can review Article ID: 2229 on the dealer and support KB. 

Thanks,
Matt

On 22/02/2018 at 10:17 PM, Matt said:

For your dealers they can review Article ID: 2229 on the dealer and support KB. 

Thanks,
Matt

Hi Matt, many thanks for your comment. our dealers are forcing us down the 2.10 upgrade route by claiming Control 4 say "there are lots of patches out there, we believe the upgrade will resolve the issue". When pushed, they also say that they can't guarantee it'll work. So at greater expense to us they're now coming out to the house!

Thanks

Hi Matt, many thanks for your comment. our dealers are forcing us down the 2.10 upgrade route by claiming Control 4 say "there are lots of patches out there, we believe the upgrade will resolve the issue". When pushed, they also say that they can't guarantee it'll work. So at greater expense to us they're now coming out to the house!
Thanks
There are plenty of folks on here that will look at your system

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Thornfield said:

Thanks

If tune in worked before, the patch does fix it

• 11 months later...
12 minutes ago, Hotwheelz said:

Hi, msgreenf,

Yep..done that no change

which leads me to think it might be the HDMI cable myself...Thoughts?

That's what I'm planning to try next.

Thanks.

🙂

idk - can't comment without knowing the audio path

Archived