C4 Forums | Control4

Keypad LED colors

livitup

I have a two-button wireless keypad (C4-KP2-Z) that I have programmed to toggle two advanced lighting scenes.  The top button toggles the "Kitchen" scene, and the bottom button toggles the "Hall" scene.  This works as desired.  I am trying to add to the programming, so that when the scene is active, the respective keypad LED is green, and inactive it's blue.  So if the kitchen is on the top LED should be green. If both scenes are on, both lights should be green, and if both off, both should be blue.

I added programming to the "scene on" and "scene off" events to the Advanced Lighting Scenes objects to change the LED color for the keypad.  It kinda works, but seems like the green lights are getting "overwritten" by default blues.  For example, if I start with both lights off, then turn on the kitchen, the top led turns green.  If I then turn on the hall, the bottom LED turns green, but the top one turns blue. There's other weird behavior too like that.

I'm sure I'm missing something simple and stupid.  Help?

I suspect that the issue is that the keypad buttons have the LED set to follow the load or follow the binding.  They should be set to be programmable (for your purpose).  This is set in the monitoring page on HE (I think, if memory serves me correctly). Personally, I have not had to change these since my dealer set all my keypads up 3 or 4 years ago.

There could be other causes of the issue, but that sounds the most likely to me.

Archived