C4 Forums | Control4

HikVision cam has two IP's

Cam seems to be spitting out two IPs' (I can see the two on a network scan) one is set static by the cam software. The other I never set as far as I recall... there is no allocated IPs on the router. Or no Bind to IP set by the Router. Wifi is turned off. DHCP is set off in cam software. The second rouge IP address is outside the dedicated DHCP pool of the router..  Rebooted the cam several times after checking settings. Have rebooted the router and problem still occurs. I have others of these cams set exact same way and no problem. Both IP's on the network scan are attached to exactly the same mac address... So it's like the mac address has two IP's.... what would give here? What would be the cause? How do I sort this? Thank You. W

• 2 weeks later...

wappinghigh,

I always see that you post about having network problems, I used to have a lot of network problems when I used Hikvision cameras as they used to constantly crash my router and switches. I had 24 cameras with model 2CD2312F. Disabling UPnP under Network>Basic Settings>NAT if you have firmware 5.4 or higher. Disabling UPnP and NAT under Advanced Settings>Network>UPnP/NAT if you have firmware 5.3.0 and lower fixed all the issues on my network.

Archived