C4 Forums | Control4

Vehicle/Person recognition driver?

zaphod

Here are links to posts on the Blue Iris forum and Webcore forums to some scripts that have been written to recognize people and vehicles from web cameras.  These use the Sighthound API which is free for the first 5000 calls each month.  It might be interesting for someone to write drivers in C4 to be able to create events based on either generic events - as in "Unidentified vehicle in driveway", or "Jane has just arrived in her Blue Toyota Camry with license plate ABC 123".

Has anyone ever looked at these sort of drivers?

https://community.webcore.co/t/security-image-processing-to-determine-if-vehicle-or-person-is-in-the-image/4430

https://ipcamtalk.com/threads/script-to-detect-colour-make-and-model-of-car-from-ip-camera.23573/

lol sorry, yes. then the garage door opening triggers pathway lighting inside the home. the plates of people we have over regularly send notifications as to who is here as well. i tried to do it for ups, but they change vehicles regularly so it doesn't work :(

10 minutes ago, Christopher Spitler said:

lol sorry, yes. then the garage door opening triggers pathway lighting inside the home. the plates of people we have over regularly send notifications as to who is here as well. i tried to do it for ups, but they change vehicles regularly so it doesn't work :(

Very cool - do you play theme music for your visitors - like they do in baseball stadiums when batters come to the plate?

Maybe if you could get this working and it sends Brown Truck then you can assume it is UPS.

10 minutes ago, ecschnei said:

I am fascinated by this topic....I have blue iris software and several cams so I could really freak my wife out #lifegoals

:D - That's really what life is all about, isn't it.

Definitely, but the cool stuff too.  I had her wake up to our song since it's our anniversary today.  I had google read her a message from me.  Little stuff make life big. 

Now if I could just get my roomba to do a choreographed dance while music played...I'd be almost there.

Archived