C4 Forums | Control4

Plex Media Server

WarpedNova

Hey guys,

So I have a Plex Media Server setup on my home network via a Synology NAS that I have.  I would love to somehow attach this system onto my control 4 navigators so that I can select movies in the "Watch" section of the navigators.  Any ideas on how I can do this?

20 minutes ago, WarpedNova said:

Would there be any way to do this other than by purchasing a driver?

The only other way is to try a demo of the driver for free, experience how great it is, and then see how much you miss it when the demo expires.

The chowmain kodi lite driver also achieves a similar experience (with a Kodi device) but without a plex server.  Both drivers are great but you may as well stick with the plex driver since you have the server set up.

1 minute ago, WarpedNova said:

Driverworks is not letting me download a trial version, so I guess I will have to find an alternative solution :(  Is there any other way I can download the trial?

This is the driver you should be looking at.  https://www.chowmainsoft.com/plex-full-driver-for-control4/

Dealer's are given access to download, purchase, and install these drivers.  What controller are you using and what OS?

6 minutes ago, dcovach said:

The only other way is to try a demo of the driver for free, experience how great it is, and then see how much you miss it when the demo expires.

The chowmain kodi lite driver also achieves a similar experience (with a Kodi device) but without a plex server.  Both drivers are great but you may as well stick with the plex driver since you have the server set up.

Annex4 has their free kodi driver which is pretty good but it isn't plex. Just wanted to throw that in the ring as well

We spend alot of time developing these drivers.  Most of our drivers are licenced but there are certain free drivers that manufacturers sponsor or were simple so we give away free out of good will.

Our Plex Full driver for Control4 provides full library integration with the ability to browse, search and start playback of media straight from your Control4 navigator plus the ability to switch users so that you can limit content for children and also maintain different recently watched lists for different family members.

We support a wide range of Plex Clients including Plex Home Theater HTPC's, Plex Media Player HTPC's, Sony Android TV's and Roku.  All of these have the ability to start playback of your media from whatever state it is currently in (eg Sony TV's can be off and Roku's can be in a different app).

We also support the ability to automatically startup your TV and receiver for dedciated client's such as Plex Home Theater and Plex Media Player when you send content from say your phone or tablet to that particular client.

Plex took us months of man hours and the final product really shows.  We develop drivers as a professional business and are dedicated to development full time.  As much as i like coding and developing for Control4 i still have to put a roof over my head, feed the kids and also pay for staff salaries.

As @dcovach mentions try the driver out (we provide free 7 day trials) and if you like it purchase it.  You won't be disappointed.

Plex%20Full.gif

2 hours ago, dcovach said:

Perfect.  Want to try a demo?  PM me

45 minutes ago, WarpedNova said:

Thank you for taking the time to reply.  I understand why you sell the drivers, and I will definitely try out your driver as soon as I figure out how to use the trial :)

Looks like @dcovach is happy to assist you with this.  Please reach out via PM.

10 hours ago, C4 User said:

Really.  Do you work for free?

I was asking if C4 has created a driver that can function something like this.  Also, if you read the last post you would have realized that I have already decided on a solution and no longer need help...

Archived