C4 Forums | Control4

Alexa controlling Phillips Hue lights "disconnected"

I'm having intermittent issues with Alexa (via the Epic voice driver) controlling my 4 Phillips Hue bulbs in Master Bedroom saying "device is disconnected, please reconnect...."

It seems this only happens for this "device" in master bedroom. 

Of note, is the 4 bulbs are controlled via a Phillips bridge but the lights are also on a Control 4 light switch that controls the 4 can lights.

I'm wondering if loss of control is related to the fact that the lights are ultimately controlled by the C4 light switch.  However, Alexa doesn't know that and the bridge is always plugged in.

It's been fairly hit and miss with it lately and I can't figure out why...

I updated all lights and the Hue bridge but still occasionally getting "This device is disabled, please re-enable it on the Alexa app".

I'm guessing this has something to do with the C4 light switch turning off the lights sometimes vs. the Hue bridge turning them off (with constant power to them maintained).

if the hue light is on a c4 switch. then the bindings for that and all programming should be removed from the project. then all light control should be pointed at the hue lights. if you need to switch the bulbs then you can kill power with special programming or manually.

Archived