C4 Forums | Control4

Garage door Experience driver

ecschnei

Looking for some clarification on this.

I have a MyQ garage door opener.  I have heard since 2.0+ security (which mine have) that you cannot wire a relay directly into the opener or the wall controller.  It causes it to lock and not open or close.  I have seen a spare remote opener used with the contacts soldered to cat5 and run back to the controller (ea5/hc800/etc).  how do you wire this up so the Garage Door controller UI driver can trigger the door to go up and down.  I have the sensors in place so it knows when the door is closed and it shows status fine, it's only getting the relay to trigger the garage door remote.  I know that a houselogix driver or others are possible but I'm looking for a non-cloud based connection and I already have the remote and cat5 in place...

Thanks,

Sorry if this is a newbie question and has been answered in a previous post.

18 minutes ago, ecschnei said:

Looking for some clarification on this.

I have a MyQ garage door opener.  I have heard since 2.0+ security (which mine have) that you cannot wire a relay directly into the opener or the wall controller.  It causes it to lock and not open or close.  I have seen a spare remote opener used with the contacts soldered to cat5 and run back to the controller (ea5/hc800/etc).  how do you wire this up so the Garage Door controller UI driver can trigger the door to go up and down.  I have the sensors in place so it knows when the door is closed and it shows status fine, it's only getting the relay to trigger the garage door remote.  I know that a houselogix driver or others are possible but I'm looking for a non-cloud based connection and I already have the remote and cat5 in place...

Thanks,

Sorry if this is a newbie question and has been answered in a previous post.

There is a really good post on this in another thread.  Connect the 2 wires from the remote (soldered to the correct spots) to the controller relay NO and COM.  Confirm bindings are correct in the Garage door (sensor) driver.  Default Pulse length may be fine (or maybe not).

22 minutes ago, dcovach said:

There is a really good post on this in another thread.  Connect the 2 wires from the remote (soldered to the correct spots) to the controller relay NO and COM.  Confirm bindings are correct in the Garage door (sensor) driver.  Default Pulse length may be fine (or maybe not).

you don't need to use the controller, i used a Z2IO. you just need to solder across the actual switch, and can do one for the light button as well if you desire. 

https://community.smartthings.com/t/how-i-made-linears-gd00z-4-work-with-liftmasters-myq-door-opener/49768/9 (if you choose to use another opener button instead of frankenstein-ing your own, you can use the same 2 wires back to the opener itself (you don't have to run separate wires from the buttons to the opener). 

you need to make sure you use "pulse" and not "hold" for relay configuration, and as @dcovach mentioned the default pulse time is OK for security2.0+

Archived