C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 Intercom between Touchscreens Down?

hank31980

Question

I have recently updated from a stable 2.9.1 version of Director. I felt that my hand was forced into the upgrade, following the debacle with updates to the Napster driver & subsequent problems then using TuneIn.

I am now running 2.10.1.544795.

I was checking things over tonight & at some point I seem to have lost the internal intercom which i used to have between my Control4 Touchscreens. i have these dotted about the house. All worked well before this round of updates I think.

All Touchscreens are still identified in the project & have the same IP addresses.

Anyone figure what might have happened to my Control4 Intercom? Is it to do with this recent version update from 2.9.1 to 2.10.1?

Composer Intercom Down Capture.JPG

4 answers to this question

This is not uncommon and generally a reboot fixes it. Something about the screens being on a different than the main controller (ie right after the main controller reboots) causing a shut-out of the device I'd guess.

9/10 times it fixes itself, sometimes it does not

On 2/16/2018 at 8:38 PM, Cyknight said:

This is not uncommon and generally a reboot fixes it. Something about the screens being on a different than the main controller (ie right after the main controller reboots) causing a shut-out of the device I'd guess.

9/10 times it fixes itself, sometimes it does not

After accepting that the Upgrade to 2.10.1 had broken the Intercom, and just put it down to one of those things, collateral damage etc.

Well now, as if by Magic, my Control4 Intercom is working again? I don't know what fixed it?

Up to yesterday all the Ver2 Touchscreens were displaying "Intercom Initialising" in RED letters!

The T3 Touchscreen saw everything else as OFFLINE, so nothing was talking?

When I think of the things that I did recently, I did another Reboot again yesterday on both my HC-800 & the auxiliary HC-250 controllers.

All Control4 Intercom appears to be working now, so not sure what has actually fixed it, but glad to have the functionality back?

Archived