C4 Forums | Control4

OS2.10.1 has squashed many of the bugs in OS2.10.  The one bug that I am still seeing and was wondering if anyone else is seeing this and if there is any work around?

Whenever I play an announcement and there was Digital Music already playing in one of the zones where the announcement plays, the announcement does not end properly.  When it ends, the digital music (playing in, say, one zone) starts to play in all the Announcement zones (at the announcement level) for around 30 seconds and then turns off (except in the zone where it correctly should be paying).

As we use an announcement whenever the door bell rings, this is really annoying! Most amusingly, our aupair was watching our youngest daughter on the evening of Valentine’s Day... someone rang the doorbell a couple of times after our 3 year had been put to bed with nursery rhymes playing.  Each time the bell was rung, Humpty Dumpty (or something similar)  started playing throughout the house for 30 seconds at high volume freaking out the poor aupair!

Just now, Shivam Paw said:

We’ve got a similar setup to that but don’t have this issue...what are the settings for your announcements and do you by any chance have some weird programming going on you’re not aware of?

Interesting! Thanks.

No weird programming but there have been lots of issues with announcements over the last few releases so maybe I should try re-creating the announcement...

I do have a start delay of 2,000 milliseconds and no end delay. I wonder if that has anything to do with it,

To close the loop on this for other users, an end delay fixed the problem.  The length of delay needed depends on your system and the number of zones you are using.  Essentially the start delay provides time for the various zones to turn on before playing and the end delay provides time for the zones to switch off (and not get other audio channels bleeding through... not really sure why the bleeding happens and thus this is necessary, but it does and is).

Interestingly, when I use all my zones (14, I think) in an announcement, I need a 5 or 6 second start delay if i want to hear the whole announcement in all zones (from a cold start) and 5 or 6 seconds as an end delay. I guess I probably need a new faster matrix (or amp or something) if I want to get this down to 1 or 2 seconds!

Archived