C4 Forums | Control4

How to USB Restore an HC300C-E-B

RussellB

Question

Hi all,

I picked up an HC300C-E-B from Ebay.  It's got 2.0.4 installed on it.  It has the Factory Rest button on the back.  I've been trying to update it using USB Restore but I can't figure out how to kick off the process.  Booting it up with the USB Stick plugged in does nothing.

Any thoughts as to what I'm doing wrong? Google has not been kind to me.

Russell

3 answers to this question

13 minutes ago, RussellB said:

Hi all,

I picked up an HC300C-E-B from Ebay.  It's got 2.0.4 installed on it.  It has the Factory Rest button on the back.  I've been trying to update it using USB Restore but I can't figure out how to kick off the process.  Booting it up with the USB Stick plugged in does nothing.

Any thoughts as to what I'm doing wrong? Google has not been kind to me.

Russell

First of all, you'll need a dealer to set up a system.  An HC300 is old and VERY limited and obsolete in all systems with the latest software version on the primary controller.  You may have devices that won't even work with it.  Looks like you want to start small.  Either put the controller back on ebay or use it as a secondary controller (on a legacy system OS version) for more I/O's in another room as you expand your system.  Legacy software versions will limit some capabilities (depending on version) but perfectly usable.    I can provide more info.

4 minutes ago, RussellB said:

I picked it up so I could try to upgrade a touchscreen that I erroneously factory reset back to 2.0.4.  My main system, an HC800 is on 2.10.1 and I can't upgrade the touchscreen.

You left that out.  You're in the wrong forum and google won't help you.  Try C4 dealer forums or tech support.

Archived