C4 Forums | Control4

Sharp Roku TV

Hi everyone,

Ok I've had this situation for quite a while now, and for some reason it's bugging me more these days than in the past.

I have programmed a floor status button on both levels of the home on a keypad, so I am able to see if a light or device is on and when leaving the house/go to bed, and I can hit the one button and the entire floor shuts off.

I have a Sharp Roku TV in the master bedroom.  Now at night the TV is off, but in the morning let's say I've got the ensuite lights on, the hallway lights etc.  So when I go to leave, I hit the button to shut off the floor.  But when the TV is off, and I hit the floor status button to shut lights off, the TV turns on.

I've tried many work arounds for programming and can't seem to make it work where if TV is off, do not execute the macro on the TV.

Can anyone give me any input on how to avoid this?

Just try turn off the room in your macro because if the tv/room is off nothing should happen, if it is on and the tv is on it will turn off the tv. Manually turning the tv off when the driver Isis power toggle is exactly your problem. Any time you are manually turning a device on or off programmatically c4 does not know the status of it since the power state when set up correctly is managed at the driver level

1 minute ago, mallom said:

So I guess your TV does not have discrete “OFF”.

Also, you dont need to use both. I would use “Turn off room” instead of the TV.

I think that's what the problem would be... because the other two tv's don't have the same issue, just this Roku TV

7 minutes ago, mallom said:

So I guess your TV does not have discrete “OFF”.

Also, you dont need to use both. I would use “Turn off room” instead of the TV.

8 minutes ago, sonic30101 said:

Remove turn off master tv and see what happens

You both are awesome! I cannot believe it was that easy after all this time.  That did the trick.  Thank you.

Archived