C4 Forums | Control4

Sony Bravia Won't Stay Off

I'm trying to set up dual alternate display devices in a single room using the Theater Display driver. One is an Epson 6040 projector the other is a Sony Bravia XBR 75X850C.  Its all set up and seems to be working well except 1 issue - The C4 controller (EA3) keeps turning the TV back on when the projector is on.   TV will turn off briefly, but gets and IP command to come back on after the controller sees it is off.   It will do the same if I am watching TV and use the TV remote to power the TV off, and C4 turns it back on.  This seems like normal behavior as C4 scans for device state and corrects issues if TV didn't come on when it was supposed to if something happens.  But I assumed the Theater Display driver would correct this.   Any thoughts?

Its not a CEC setting on any of my input devices or TV, I have triple checked everything including unplugging HDMI from TV and testing it still happens.  I have also watched network traffic and verified its the C4 controller sending On command via IP. 

Here is the C4 controller log entry...seems like maybe c4 doesn't know its on and keeps trying over and over as I see these entries a lot even I don't turn the TV off 1st...

2018-02-18 12:12:02.396 -0800 MediaRoom-EA3-000FFF1B3F12 [3848] INFO: Executing command (ON) on driver TV[MEDIA](55)
2018-02-18 12:12:02.396 -0800 MediaRoom-EA3-000FFF1B3F12 [3848] DEBUG:   xml = <devicecommand><command>ON</command><params/></devicecommand>
2018-02-18 12:12:02.397 -0800 MediaRoom-EA3-000FFF1B3F12 [3848] ERROR: TV device may be reselected due to unhanded command ON

Tnx... Bindings are all good and control works fine otherwise. TV software is up to date.  Using AVR with dual out no splitter or matrix.  Issue still happens with only TV on single HDMI out, and before I added Theater Display driver. Seems to be independent between TV and EA3.  EA3 is on 9.2  It just doesn't seem to know TV is on and keeps sending On command over and over. 

45 minutes ago, Dave w said:

Tnx... Bindings are all good and control works fine otherwise. TV software is up to date.  Using AVR with dual out no splitter or matrix.  Issue still happens with only TV on single HDMI out, and before I added Theater Display driver. Seems to be independent between TV and EA3.  EA3 is on 9.2  It just doesn't seem to know TV is on and keeps sending On command over and over. 

Something isn't good. Something isn't done right, because lots of projects have this driver without this issue.

Responding "everything is good" doesn't give any information for anyone to possibly help.

Thanks guys.  Sorry if my reply was not clear.  Its definitely not a problem with the Theater Display driver.  The problem existed BEFORE i put it in and persisted afterwards.  That's why I said all is good with it.  The Theater Display driver is working as it should.  The issue is between the controller and the TV...If I remove everything else from the equation and just leave these two, it still does it. 

Archived