C4 Forums | Control4

TiVo not receiving IP commands

First off, I’m an end user. I control my TiVo mini with my C4 remote. C4 sends IP commands, not IR.

Yesterday the power went out at the house. Later In the day, the TiVo wasn’t being controlled by C4. I tried rebooting the controller but didn’t help. I obviously rebooted the TiVo as well. 

I don’t know what Ip address the C4 had for the TiVo. Can I check this with HC? I’m wondering if the TiVo ip address changed

other ideas?

Have your dealer long in remotely and find the IP address in driver, that he put in to control the TIVO.

Then you can go into your Tivo in the Network settings and change it on your own to match what he put in.

Depending on how you knowledge of networking is, this may be quite easy.

https://support.tivo.com/articles/Features_Use/How-to-Configure-Network-Settings-on-your-TiVo-Device

Pay attention to your subnet and default gateway when you go into it, when its on DHCP.

It will be something like this for example   Ip address: 192.168.1.10  subnet: 255.255.255.0 and default gateway at 192.168.1.1 (or could be a 10.0.0.1 or others)

Change your IP to something high up like 192.168.1.200 and keep the subnet & gateway the same.

Good luck.... IMHO it should have been static in the first place.

1 hour ago, nawty said:

Have your dealer long in remotely and find the IP address in driver, that he put in to control the TIVO.

Then you can go into your Tivo in the Network settings and change it on your own to match what he put in.

Depending on how you knowledge of networking is, this may be quite easy.

https://support.tivo.com/articles/Features_Use/How-to-Configure-Network-Settings-on-your-TiVo-Device

Pay attention to your subnet and default gateway when you go into it, when its on DHCP.

It will be something like this for example   Ip address: 192.168.1.10  subnet: 255.255.255.0 and default gateway at 192.168.1.1 (or could be a 10.0.0.1 or others)

Change your IP to something high up like 192.168.1.200 and keep the subnet & gateway the same.

Good luck.... IMHO it should have been static in the first place.

Thanks, that's what I figured it was.  I will fix it tonight.

12 minutes ago, msgreenf said:

Even better - leave it on DHCP - the tivo driver supports SDDP.  With SDDP based binding you will never have to worry about IPs again

I bet my driver isn't the latest or updated with SDDP though.  Original install was in 2014 and I don't believe the Tivo driver has been updated.  Unless it was automatically updated during C4 updates? 

1 hour ago, LoneStar said:

I bet my driver isn't the latest or updated with SDDP though.  Original install was in 2014 and I don't believe the Tivo driver has been updated.  Unless it was automatically updated during C4 updates? 

its not the driver - its the Tivo firmware, that is auto updated.  So it will be SDDP enabled.  

If you would like help, Message me

1 hour ago, msgreenf said:

its not the driver - its the Tivo firmware, that is auto updated.  So it will be SDDP enabled.  

If you would like help, Message me

I tried to Message you but it said you can't receive messages for some reason

Archived