C4 Forums | Control4

Error when launching Composer Pro 2.2.1

ZenElectronics

I have an old controller that I am trying to register/restore for a new customer.  The customer factory restored it and 2.2.1 is the original OS for the controller.  The 2.2.1 software downloads and installs correctly on my laptop but when I launch composer I get this error during startup: "Wrong Local Header Signature: 0x7D8F7D72".  I've also attached a picture of the error.

Any ideas??  Hopefully it isn't something simple and I end up feeling like an idiot!  ;-)

This was a direct download from C4's dealer site.

Thanks,

Joe Z.

C4CompPro2.2.1error.JPG

This is an end user forum.  You may as well look up knowledge base articles on the dealer site.  You'll find all the help there.

Also... not sure why you're using old controllers as primary's in new projects for your customers?  You're not doing them any favors by installing legacy product.   EA series controllers are the way to go.

35 minutes ago, dcovach said:

This is an end user forum.  You may as well look up knowledge base articles on the dealer site.  You'll find all the help there.

Also... not sure why you're using old controllers as primary's in new projects for your customers?  You're not doing them any favors by installing legacy product.   EA series controllers are the way to go.

I realize this is an enduser forum.  It also has quite a few dealers posting and I was hoping one of them might have an answer.

And I am NOT installing a legacy controller for a new project.  I see how you may have thought that based on the wording in my original post but up until yesterday I didn't even know this person.  The individual called our support line yesterday asking for help.  He factory restored his controller when he was having some problems and didn't realize it would also erase his project.  His original dealer (won't name names) does NOT have a backup and neither does the customer.  I've also had the customer check online for cloud backups.  Nothing.  Hopefully this makes a little more sense to you now.  And yes I have checked the knowledge base.  There's nothing out there.

I'm trying every possible resource to get this figured out so that this person can get their system back up and running.  If any other dealers have a suggestion regarding the error message I'm open to it.

Thank you,

Joe Z.

2 hours ago, Christopher Spitler said:

and regarding end-user forums, i see tons of dealers posting on here about dealer-centric questions, so i can't see how this isn't a totally valid inquiry....

I hear ya, but not everyone on here who says they're a dealer is actually one.  Dealer forums has a lot of discussions and there are KB articles available there for these kinds of questions.  There's no real reason to ask questions like the one above.

1 hour ago, ZenElectronics said:

I have an old controller that I am trying to register/restore for a new customer.  The customer factory restored it and 2.2.1 is the original OS for the controller.  The 2.2.1 software downloads and installs correctly on my laptop but when I launch composer I get this error during startup: "Wrong Local Header Signature: 0x7D8F7D72".  I've also attached a picture of the error.

Any ideas??  Hopefully it isn't something simple and I end up feeling like an idiot!  ;-)

This was a direct download from C4's dealer site.

Thanks,

Joe Z.

C4CompPro2.2.1error.JPG

works fine on windows 7 for me. 

Archived