C4 Forums | Control4

Media scanning stopped working?

My home system has an old-school Control4 MP2 Media Player that connects to my file storage device, a WD My Cloud drive. This has worked for years.  Now, I can't scan the drive for files any longer... in composer, I go to the Media tab, and I click on 'Network file storage'. Normally, I click on the 'scan' button, the default values are fine in the pop-up window, and the director starts scanning the WD drive in the folder I've set up and I can see it run via the text on the Windows footer at the bottom. Now, the scan just isn't running. I don't see that anything on it has changed. The file storage device still shows as 'online' on the system design tab. There are no bindings for it on the Connections tab. I still have the same directory structure on the WD drive, and I re-navigated to my file folder just to make sure that it sees it on the network. I have no problem with the WD drive on the network with my app and PC. I've now deleted my previously scanned file database so that it's blank and it still won't scan. I'm about 50% certain that I have added files to it after updating to 2.10 a while ago and it worked fine. Any suggestions?

Have you tried restarting your director? I had this issue pop up awhile back where my EA-5 wouldn't scan a flash drive after I re-added the drive after adding some more music to it. I rebooted it and everything worked fine once again. 

Archived