C4 Forums | Control4

Denon AVR-X2400H for audio distribution?

C4wes

Hi,

Can Control4 pull an audio source from the Denon AVR-X2400H (or any other Denon amp with HEOS) and play that sound to another room that has a HEOS1/3/5/7 speaker?

Setup:

EA3 with the C4-LU642L-KIT. Distributed UHD to 4x bedrooms. Denon amp in lounge with 4 different audio sources plugged into the Denon amp. Audio sources are SAT1, SAT2, SAT3 and Apple TV. Can I distribute the audio sources throughout the house using HEOS speakers in the bedrooms and other areas? Or will I need either the Denon Heos Superlink or the C4 4zone matrix?  

14 hours ago, nawty said:

Only the X3400H and above can stream audio from all inputs (HDMI, optical, coaxial, and analog) to other HEOS devices.... below that only analog will pass to other HEOS.

Thanks nawty - so I will not need to use the C4 4 zone matrix then? The X3400H looks good!

If you have heos players in each room. no need for zone matrix amplifier if you want Heos Links for each source into the zone matrix for the rooms thats good too.

that would allow you to pick which player played in what room or combinations of rooms

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived