C4 Forums | Control4

sip guide

cgw

Today's update 

Bria - Will not let me run in back ground - Not Sure Why 

Linphone - Good Video good - can make and receive calls  - Just will not run in the background 

Session chat - Will make audio only calls and run in the background (10 secs to ring) - Can not make calls 

So my conclusion - Have seesion Chat and linphone on my Mobile - Linphone for calling Seesion Chat for receiving 

@Gary Leeds UK thanks for pointing us in the right direction! We’ve been playing around with this and have Linphone working great on our local network (Audio and Video). How does one get it working remotely (I.e. when you are off the local network?).  I assume it has something to do with changing the domain name? I currently have that set to the local IP address of my director.

This is fun and does make me all the more eager for the Control4 intercom app...

3 hours ago, Gary Leeds UK said:

I can only get working Locally - Plus my just stop working yesterday - Not sure why - Today's project 

Good look! Mine is working locally.  I think I need to find a hosted SIP server that works in South Africa to go outside the local network, but that is as far as I’ve got.

• 7 months later...
On 3/2/2018 at 1:21 PM, eddy.trochez said:

If you want to use Bria and the DS2 outside the home network, what you need to do is setup and account with a hosted BPX such as the one mentioned above. I personally use OnSip, it's free and it works great. There's no Control4 involvement in this scenario since the DS2 is configured to your BPX using SIP 2 in the settings. This is not a workaround solution, it just works. The Universal SIP phone driver is for local access only, it won't work outside the network.

Here's what to do:
Get a Hosted PBX account, OnSip is one, there are others. You can get one that is free.
Create the accounts for your Phones and DS2.
Create a group, this is the number the DS2 will call when someone rings the bell (If you want to call more than one device)

In the DS2:
Go to SIP 2 settings and enter your Hosted PBX credentials, make sure it registers.
In the User 1 settings:
Number 1 is the Control4 number
Number 2 is the Control4 Cloud number (this is for the upcoming mobile app)
Don't touch these numbers.

Number 3
Here's where you place the group number for your Hosted PBX Call, and it should be in this format:
number/2

That's it. You get video calls outside the network. You can unlock doors using the keypad in Bria. And if you have an HTTP license in the DS2, you can also send commands to Control4 using the keypad.

Can you elaborate on where in Composer (I'm looking at Control4 DS2 Door Station properties under monitoring) I find the SIP2 settings and numbers 1-3?  Also where we setup a group.  About to try this with LinPhone (free).

1 hour ago, Destroyer of Worlds said:

Can you elaborate on where in Composer (I'm looking at Control4 DS2 Door Station properties under monitoring) I find the SIP2 settings and numbers 1-3?  Also where we setup a group.  About to try this with LinPhone (free).

In the DS2's GUI. Not Composer.

• 2 months later...
On 3/2/2018 at 6:29 PM, lippavisual said:

Sounds bout right Gary.  Some VoIP providers have their own phone apps (Ring Central) that can and will run in the background, which will enable calling all the time.

I'm using Doorbird (Cinegration) which uses SIP to connect to the touch screens. Can I use Ring Central to make calls beween mobile and T3?

Archived