C4 Forums | Control4

More than One Wakeup?

AidenL

Question

12 answers to this question

Use the wake up agent - as this gives you great flexibility from the interfaces such as touch screens and remotes.

Also use the scheduler and or variables and macros to control when they are active and what they do.

-----------------------------

Macro: MasterBedWakeup

When MasterBedWakeup is activated:

Turn on lights in masterbedroom

Turn on audio in masterbedroom

-----------------------------

Wakeup: Mon-Fri

When Mon-Fri is activated

execute macro MasterBedWakeup

Wakeup: Sat-Sun

When Sat-Sun is activated

execute macro MasterBedWakeup

--------------------------------

Scheduler: DayOfWeek (Run at perhap 00:05 each day)

When scheduler DayOfWeek is activated

if today is Monday

Turn on wakeup Mon-Fri

Turn off wakeup Sat-Sun

IF today is Saturday

Turn on wakeup Mon-Fri

Turn off wakeup Sat-Sun

...any other code you wish to activate based on day of week......

--------------------------------

I don't have my wakeup execute on weekends, so I have a customer button 'Weekend Alarm'

If I select this, it sets a variable which ensures my daily wakeup executes as a one off.

I also have to turn off my wakeup for public holidays, as I have not bothered yet to add code to check.

I don't use the newer wakeup/goodnight at all...seems not right for scheduling good night as bed time is a variable by day.

Ahem,

Agents: make 2 schedules: weekday and weekends and easily check the right days on repeats weekly.  Mine are weekdays at 6:30am and weekends at 8:30am.  Then still in Agents on Wakeups create 2 (e.g. weekdays and weekends).  On weekdays I check media and lights since 6:30am is more or less sunrise.  Weekends 8:30am is after sunrise so only media is checked.

Programming select device events from scheduler and action each thing you want in what rooms: week days I execute wakeup weekday in Kitchen, Master, and Bathroom and set some blinds to open or have the vanes open since those aren't default in the agent setup.

So you get the idea right?  You can have wakeups for each day of the week.

for goodnight, I did a custom button in my master bedroom room to shut everything down as there's no one consistent time I go to bed.  That custom button is setup in agents for the master with name "Good night" and button 1: Turn off all rooms.  Then in programming on that custom button press, I just went nuts and single line itemed all the blinds to close, lights to go off and rooms to go off.  I doubled up on lights and rooms because sometimes room off will turn off the lights and sometimes it doesn't.  Also note: Room off puts volume to zero as evidenced by trying to listen to music in that room has a now playing at 0 volume.

Archived